Portfolio Monitoring and Case Evaluation
BLB&G is the trusted securities fraud monitoring and litigation counsel for many of the most significant and respected public pension plans and institutional investors worldwide.
Our institutional clients rely upon us to evaluate and litigate their securities claims vigorously and to keep them fully informed. To that end, BLB&G conducts ongoing portfolio monitoring, cross-referencing trading against potential securities claims.
At no cost to our clients, we:
- review the fund's portfolio losses on a regular basis, investigate potential claims and prepare detailed reports of our findings.
- present our findings to our clients, so the fund can make informed decisions.
- pursue formal legal action on meritorious claims.
- provide regular reports detailing the status of the litigation.
- consult on all strategic decisions so our clients remain in control of the litigation.
- help develop procedures to collect on all class action claims.
BLB&G employs state-of-the-art strategies, forensic accountants and investigators to determine the cause of the decline in value of our clients' investments.
We never lose sight of what is best for our clients and what is in the best interests of the class. At BLB&G, we not only advise our clients on what cases to bring, but also what cases NOT to bring.
For more information regarding this service, please contact Gerald Silk at 800-380-8496.
Global Securities and Litigation Monitoring
BLB&G’s Global Securities and Litigation Monitoring Team, comprised of attorneys with decades of combined experience and supported by the firm’s financial analysts and fraud examiners, monitors securities class and group actions around the world.
In consultation with foreign law firms and litigation funders from around the globe (including Canada, England, the Netherlands, and Germany) that BLB&G maintains strategic relationships with, the firm advises our institutional clients on potential avenues for recovery in those actions.
BLB&G has significant experience successfully litigating cases involving foreign law claims, foreign legal issues, and that include extensive international discovery. Some examples include:
- BP (claims under English law);
- Perrigo (claims under Israeli law);
- Volkswagen (discovery in Germany and litigation concerning foreign privacy laws);
- Stonington (discovery in Belgium and litigation concerning foreign privacy laws); and
- Vale (discovery in Brazil).
In addition, BLB&G pioneered a path for recovery for investors in non-U.S. companies in Europe under the Dutch Collective Settlement Act:
- Converium: BLB&G secured a $58 million settlement under the Dutch Collective Settlement Act for non-U.S. investors.
- Volkswagen: BLB&G established a Foundation under the Dutch Collective Settlement Act seeking to resolve the claims of our clients who traded in VW securities in Germany.
The Global Securities and Litigation Monitoring Team is led by partner Jim Harrod, and includes partners Hannah Ross, Jeroen van Kwawegen, John Rizio-Hamilton, counsel Jai Chandrasekhar, and associate Kate Aufses. The team also includes Anatoli van der Krans, BLB&G’s Netherlands-based Director of European Client Development, who is widely recognized as one of Europe’s leading experts on corporate governance and shareholder litigation.