"The Importance of Private Securities Litigation as a Complement to 'Worn Out' Regulators" by Scott Foglietta and Brittney Balser published in the New York Law Journal
September 27, 2021
On September 27, the New York Law Journal published an article by BLB&G partner Scott Foglietta and associate Brittney Balser, "The Importance of Private Securities Litigation as a Complement to 'Worn Out' Regulators."
The article examines a recent study that concluded that an overburdened SEC tends to neglect the cases involving the greatest harm to investors, and the crucial role that private securities litigation plays in protecting shareholders, enforcing the securities laws, and serving as an important deterrent to corporate misconduct.
- Publications "Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream" by Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser Published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation August 23, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Law360 Profiles Scott Foglietta as Part of Series Honoring 2022 Rising Star Award Winners June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partners Rebecca Boon and Scott R. Foglietta named to 2021 Rising Stars of the Plaintiffs Bar list by The National Law Journal May 13, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Two Partners and Four Senior Counsel January 24, 2020 Learn More
- Awards The New York Law Journal Recognizes Founding Partner Max Berger With Its Lifetime Achievement Award September 21, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners Christopher Orrico and Scott Foglietta Teach Seminar at Villanova Law School April 1, 2022 Learn More