"The Importance of Private Securities Litigation as a Complement to 'Worn Out' Regulators" by Scott Foglietta and Brittney Balser published in the New York Law Journal
September 27, 2021
On September 27, the New York Law Journal published an article by BLB&G partner Scott Foglietta and associate Brittney Balser, "The Importance of Private Securities Litigation as a Complement to 'Worn Out' Regulators."
The article examines a recent study that concluded that an overburdened SEC tends to neglect the cases involving the greatest harm to investors, and the crucial role that private securities litigation plays in protecting shareholders, enforcing the securities laws, and serving as an important deterrent to corporate misconduct.
External Link: Click here to read the full article (subscription required). (link will open in a new window)
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts the Forum for Institutional Investors: Protecting Shareholder Rights in New Orleans, LA April 10, 2019 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partners Rebecca Boon and Scott R. Foglietta named to 2021 Rising Stars of the Plaintiffs Bar list by The National Law Journal May 13, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Two Partners and Four Senior Counsel January 24, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Adam Wierzbowski Named “Rising Star” by New York Law Journal June 2019 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More
- Awards The New York Law Journal Profiles Adam Wierzbowski – One of Its 2019 “Rising Stars” October 15, 2019 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jerry Silk Spoke at PLI's 52nd Annual Institute on Securities Regulations November 13, 2020 Learn More