"Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream" by Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser Published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation
August 23, 2022
In this article, "Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream," published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation, BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser discuss how they have seen investors increasingly continue to demand corporate accountability for sexual harassment, especially in the past five years starting when the #MeToo movement went viral. The authors discuss the many factors that contribute to the success of the trend, including the cases litigated, the Biden Agenda for Women, and the Securities and Exchange Commission making board diversity one of its top priorities and beginning to meaningfully tackle ESG issues. The authors emphasize that securities and corporate governance litigation and investor activism will continue to be effective tools to drive meaningful and lasting social change arising from the #MeToo movement and bring awareness to workplace sexual harassment.
To read the full article, view the PDF under "Related Document" or click the link below (subscription required).
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Serve on Planning Committee for Beyond #MeToo Working Group Panel, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go” November 3, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Play an Integral Role in Beyond #MeToo Working Group Senior Level Workshop October 20, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “Section 11’s Tracing Doctrine Goes Up to the Supreme Court” by John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation March 17, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "The Importance of Private Securities Litigation as a Complement to 'Worn Out' Regulators" by Scott Foglietta and Brittney Balser published in the New York Law Journal September 27, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to be Interviewed by Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen for NAWL Podcast October 5, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group Event, "The Enduring Effects of #MeToo" April 19, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Impacts of #MeToo on Litigation & DEI" by Rebecca Boon and Caitlin Bozman Published by Bloomberg Law July 14, 2022 Learn More