BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Play an Integral Role in Beyond #MeToo Working Group Senior Level Workshop
October 20, 2023
On October 24, 2023, the Beyond #MeToo Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk will hold an in-person workshop. Bringing together senior legal minds, business executives, and industry experts for an off-the-record conversation, this event will be held in two parts. The group will first evaluate corporate America’s current state of affairs, considering progress within corporations as well as common challenges and obstacles faced by workshop participants. Following this discussion, the group will consider practical ways in which companies and colleagues can address and anticipate “known knowns” and break down barriers that impede progress. Both featured speakers and the wider audience will be encouraged to engage in meaningful dialogue throughout.
Featured speakers will include Judge Colleen McMahon of the Southern District of New York; Valerie E. Radwaner, Deputy Chair at Paul, Weiss; Tracey Heaton, Chief Legal Officer at Heidrick & Struggles; Lisa M. Fairfax, Presidential Professor and Co-Director of Institute for Law and Economics at the University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School; David Curran, Co-Chair of the Sustainability & ESG Advisory Practice at Paul, Weiss and Executive Director of the ESG and Law Institute; Liza Velazquez, Partner in the Litigation Department at Paul, Weiss; Rebecca Boon, Partner at Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann; and Brande Stellings, Principal at Vestry Laight.
BLB&G’s Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser have played an integral role in organizing this high-caliber event, alongside other legal professionals. Rebecca is one of the group’s co-founders and will be addressing attendees regarding the mission of Beyond #MeToo and its impact to date. The Beyond #MeToo Working Group is dedicated to understanding the root causes of workplace harassment, discrimination, and misconduct; tracking and constructively utilizing the insights gained through the #MeToo movement; and helping to create the optimal corporate compliance and management structures that prevent workplace misconduct and abuses of power.
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Serve on Planning Committee for Beyond #MeToo Working Group Panel, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go” November 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to be Interviewed by Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen for NAWL Podcast October 5, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group Event, "The Enduring Effects of #MeToo" April 19, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to Moderate Panel at ILEP November 2023 Symposium November 9, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream" by Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser Published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation August 23, 2022 Learn More
- Events Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group's Virtual Event "#MeToo in the Corporate World" January 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Brittney Balser to Speak on GAPPT Trustee School Panel, “What Happened to This Bank? An Investor’s Perspective on Bank Failures, Contagion, and Fraud” September 12, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to Serve as Panelist at NautaDutilh’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Event March 6, 2023 Learn More