BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Serve on Planning Committee for Beyond #MeToo Working Group Panel, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go”
November 3, 2022
On November 16, 2022, the Beyond #MeToo Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk will hold the panel discussion, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go.” The event’s planning committee, compromised of legal professionals including BLB&G’s Rebecca Boon and Brittany Balser, has gathered survivors and experts in the field to discuss institutional failures regarding gender and sexual violence in sports and academia, and to provide recommendations for promoting inclusion and athlete safety. Attendees both in person and via Zoom will be encouraged to engage in meaningful dialogue about correcting and preventing gender and sexual abuse in athletics.
The Beyond #MeToo Working Group was co-founded by Rebecca Boon, among others, and is dedicated to understanding the root causes of workplace harassment, discrimination, and misconduct; tracking and constructively utilizing the insights gained through the #MeToo movement; and helping to create the optimal corporate compliance and management structures that prevent workplace misconduct and abuses of power.
- Publications "Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream" by Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser Published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation August 23, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group Event, "The Enduring Effects of #MeToo" April 19, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Investor Attempts To Hold Cos. Accountable Are Working" by BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon published by Law360 May 18, 2021 Learn More
- Events Rebecca Boon and Alla Zayenchik Speak at the Beyond #MeToo Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk’s First Roundtable of 2020 March 3, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Impacts of #MeToo on Litigation & DEI" by Rebecca Boon and Caitlin Bozman Published by Bloomberg Law July 14, 2022 Learn More
- Events Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group's Virtual Event "#MeToo in the Corporate World" January 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist for The WOW Series’ Event “Current Feminist Figures” March 2021 Learn More
- News Delaware Law Weekly Highlights BLB&G Associate Mae Oberste's Appointment to the DSBA's Executive Committee July 20, 2022 Learn More