BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Serve on Planning Committee for Beyond #MeToo Working Group Panel, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go”
November 3, 2022
On November 16, 2022, the Beyond #MeToo Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk will hold the panel discussion, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go.” The event’s planning committee, compromised of legal professionals including BLB&G’s Rebecca Boon and Brittany Balser, has gathered survivors and experts in the field to discuss institutional failures regarding gender and sexual violence in sports and academia, and to provide recommendations for promoting inclusion and athlete safety. Attendees both in person and via Zoom will be encouraged to engage in meaningful dialogue about correcting and preventing gender and sexual abuse in athletics.
The Beyond #MeToo Working Group was co-founded by Rebecca Boon, among others, and is dedicated to understanding the root causes of workplace harassment, discrimination, and misconduct; tracking and constructively utilizing the insights gained through the #MeToo movement; and helping to create the optimal corporate compliance and management structures that prevent workplace misconduct and abuses of power.
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group Event, "The Enduring Effects of #MeToo" April 19, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream" by Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser Published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation August 23, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Brittney Balser to Speak on GAPPT Trustee School Panel, “What Happened to This Bank? An Investor’s Perspective on Bank Failures, Contagion, and Fraud” September 12, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to Serve as Panelist at NautaDutilh’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Event March 6, 2023 Learn More
- Events Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group's Virtual Event "#MeToo in the Corporate World" January 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist for The WOW Series’ Event “Current Feminist Figures” March 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to Speak at NERA CLE Webinar April 17, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Speaks on Shareholder Activism on Environmental and Social Issues at Conference hosted by The Advocates’ Society April 8, 2021 Learn More