BLB&G Partner Scott Foglietta to Speak on "Recovering Damages from Frauds in Non-Conventional Investments and the Current Banking Crisis"
June 29, 2023
On July 11, 2023, BLB&G Partner Scott Foglietta will serve as a panelist at Opal Financial Group’s Public Funds Summit East. Scott and other top legal minds will discuss “Recovering Damages from Frauds in Non-Conventional Investments and the Current Banking Crisis,” examining the risks and rewards of pursuing legal action to recoup losses in alternative investments, and how beneficiaries’ concerns tie into the most recent spate of bank failures.
The annual Public Funds Summit East conference addresses issues that are critical to the investment success of senior public pension fund officers and trustees in a rapidly changing society. In addition to Scott’s panel, the event will address topics such as: how surplus returns should affect employee benefit plans, the processes for selection and evaluation of investment managers, legal issues facing pension plans, ethic regulations, and the importance of on-going education for plan sponsors and their fiduciaries.
Scott frequently presents to organizations regarding the finer points of securities litigation. At BLB&G, he is a member of the New Matter Department, which encompasses case development and client advisory. Scott advises Taft-Hartley pension funds, public pension funds, and other institutional investors on potential legal claims. He has been named one of Lawdragon’s “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers,” a “Rising Star” by Law360 and a New York “Rising Star” in the area of securities litigation by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers.
- Awards Law360 Profiles Scott Foglietta as Part of Series Honoring 2022 Rising Star Award Winners June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners Christopher Orrico and Scott Foglietta Teach Seminar at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law November 2, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Three BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under List” August 4, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partners Rebecca Boon and Scott R. Foglietta named to 2021 Rising Stars of the Plaintiffs Bar list by The National Law Journal May 13, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners Christopher Orrico and Scott Foglietta Teach Seminar at Villanova Law School April 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Law360 Names BLB&G Partners Christopher Orrico and Scott Foglietta to 2022 "Rising Stars" List May 31, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters October 26, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of One Partner and Two Senior Counsel January 21, 2022 Learn More