"Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters
October 26, 2022
In this Reuters article, “Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no,” BLB&G Partners Jon Uslaner and Scott Foglietta discuss the recent dismissals of lead plaintiffs in class action lawsuits by two federal courts in the Eastern District of New York. Diving into the background of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act (“PSLRA”) of 1995, the authors examine the grounds for lead plaintiff dismissal in the cases of Carlos deMarch Bosch v. Credit Suisse Group AG and Mingxue Guo v. Tyson Foods, Inc. In both cases, the authors note that the lead plaintiffs were found to lack sufficient financial interest in the outcome of their cases, particularly in relation to controlling litigation on behalf of their respective putative classes. The authors reflect on the reluctance of hundreds of other investors to be named as lead plaintiffs in said cases, and they caution the risk of no recovery if a sole lead plaintiff is found unsuitable with no opportunity for another investor to come forward.
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2022 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List July 11, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2023 Edition of the “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” List May 26, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to The 2021 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List August 18, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters November 29, 2021 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC is inching closer to clarity on cybersecurity requirements” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in Reuters April 20, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Will Horowitz Published in Reuters August 9, 2022 Learn More