Global Securities and Litigation Monitoring
BLB&G’s Global Securities and Litigation Monitoring Team, comprised of attorneys with decades of combined experience and supported by the firm’s financial analysts and fraud examiners, monitors securities class and group actions around the world.
In consultation with foreign law firms and litigation funders from around the globe (including Canada, England, the Netherlands, and Germany) that BLB&G maintains strategic relationships with, the firm advises our institutional clients on potential avenues for recovery in those actions.
BLB&G has significant experience successfully litigating cases involving foreign law claims, foreign legal issues, and that include extensive international discovery. Some examples include:
- BP (claims under English law);
- Perrigo (claims under Israeli law);
- Volkswagen (discovery in Germany and litigation concerning foreign privacy laws);
- Stonington (discovery in Belgium and litigation concerning foreign privacy laws); and
- Vale (discovery in Brazil).
In addition, BLB&G pioneered a path for recovery for investors in non-U.S. companies in Europe under the Dutch Collective Settlement Act:
- Converium: BLB&G secured a $58 million settlement under the Dutch Collective Settlement Act for non-U.S. investors.
- Volkswagen: BLB&G established a Foundation under the Dutch Collective Settlement Act seeking to resolve the claims of our clients who traded in VW securities in Germany.
The Global Securities and Litigation Monitoring Team is led by partner Jim Harrod, and includes partners Hannah Ross, Jeroen van Kwawegen, and John Rizio-Hamilton, senior counsel Jai Chandrasekhar, and associate Kate Aufses. The team also includes Anatoli van der Krans, BLB&G’s Netherlands-based Director of European Client Development, who is widely recognized as one of Europe’s leading experts on corporate governance and shareholder litigation, and leading expert on corporate governance, responsible investment, and securities litigation Han Ek, BLB&G's Stockholm-based Senior Advisor for European Investor Relations, who joined the firm after over 20 years at SEB Investment Management, most recently as deputy CEO.