May 11, 2021
Partner Rebecca Boon has joined the board of The Feminist Institute, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to collecting, digitizing and sharing the rich history of feminist art, humanities, politics, and business.
The Feminist Institute was established in 2017 and its mission is to capitalize on the mass dissemination that online search and technology offers to advance the march of feminism: to make visible the invisible, to achieve greater equalization through digitization. To that goal, the organization is developing a new database that will appropriately highlight, preserve, and steward digitized and born-digital materials from notable feminists from all spheres.
Rebecca has been litigating securities fraud and shareholder rights actions for over a decade, recovering more than $1.5 billion for the firm’s institutional investor clients. She is deeply committed to using litigation as a tool for social change, a topic on which she regularly publishes and speaks at law schools, universities, and conferences in the U.S. and abroad. Rebecca is a founding member and chairperson of Beyond #MeToo: A Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance and Risk, co-leads BLB&G’s Women’s Committee, and is active in BLBG’s Women’s Forum.
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist for The WOW Series’ Event “Current Feminist Figures” March 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Investor Attempts To Hold Cos. Accountable Are Working" by BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon published by Law360 May 18, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Attorneys Rebecca Boon, Michael Mathai, and Kate Aufses Will Present to Harvard Law School Students on "Fighting Workplace Sexual Harassment with BLB&G: Tracing the Harm from Jeffrey Epstein and Roger Ailes" March 17, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist at PLI Program, ESG 2022: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel May 20, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G’s Rebecca Boon Participates in NYU Law Conference on the Corporate Compliance and Governance Impacts of #MeToo October 11, 2019 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Law360 Profiles Rebecca Boon as a Part of Series Honoring 2020 Rising Star Award Winners. July 10, 2020 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Quoted in Roll Call Article Covering ESG Rules and Proposals February 18, 2022 Learn More