"SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters
November 29, 2021
In this Reuters article, "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration," BLB&G partner Jonathan Uslaner and associate Lauren Cruz discuss the importance of whistleblowers and how their role is vital when it comes to detecting and reporting securities fraud, which can kickstart new investigations and drive existing investigations — ultimately leading to securities litigation. These private actions provide an important source of recovery for defrauded investors and keep corporate America in check.
The authors also discuss the difference of support with the SEC whistleblower program between the Trump administration and the Biden administration, and dive into the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, a program that expands protection afforded to whistleblowers.
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Events Jonathan Uslaner Speaks at Class Action Law Forum 2020, Presented by Western Alliance Bank in Collaboration with University of San Diego School of Law March 4, 2020 Learn More
- Events Lauren Cruz Speaks at Women Lawyers Association Los Angeles 26th Litigators Forum: Race in the Courtroom March 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Adam Hollander Speaks at Baruch College "Wall Street and the Biden Administration" Panel Hosted by Robert Zicklin Center for Corporate Integrity March 16, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to The 2021 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List August 18, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "9th Circ. Case Could Gut Section 11 Shareholder Protections" by John C. Browne and Lauren Ormsbee published by Law360 May 26, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to The 2020 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List August 2020 Learn More