"SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters
November 29, 2021
In this Reuters article, "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration," BLB&G partner Jonathan Uslaner and associate Lauren Cruz discuss the importance of whistleblowers and how their role is vital when it comes to detecting and reporting securities fraud, which can kickstart new investigations and drive existing investigations — ultimately leading to securities litigation. These private actions provide an important source of recovery for defrauded investors and keep corporate America in check.
The authors also discuss the difference of support with the SEC whistleblower program between the Trump administration and the Biden administration, and dive into the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, a program that expands protection afforded to whistleblowers.
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
- Publications "Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Will Horowitz Published in Reuters August 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner Published in Reuters May 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters October 26, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Attorneys Rebecca Boon, Jon Uslaner, and Lauren Cruz Will Present to Berkeley Plaintiffs' Law Association on "Securities Litigation and Social Justice" March 11, 2022 Learn More
- Events Jonathan Uslaner Speaks at Class Action Law Forum 2020, Presented by Western Alliance Bank in Collaboration with University of San Diego School of Law March 4, 2020 Learn More