Lauren Cruz practices out of the firm’s Los Angeles office, where she prosecutes class actions on behalf of the firm’s institutional investor clients. She is currently a member of the teams prosecuting securities class actions against Silvergate Capital Corporation, ChemoCentryx, Inc., CVS Health Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, Intel Corporation, and Qualcomm, Inc., among others.
Since joining the firm in 2019, Lauren has been a key member of the teams that prosecuted and secured over $1 billion in recoveries for investors, including among other matters:
- In re Wells Fargo & Company Securities Litigation (landmark $1 billion settlement);
- In re Mattel, Inc. Securities Litigation ($98 million settlement);
- Public Employees' Retirement System of Mississippi v. Mohawk Industries, Inc. ($60 million settlement);
- In re Splunk Inc. Securities Litigation (pending $30 million settlement);
- In re Impinj, Inc. Securities Litigation ($20 million settlement);
- In re Merit Medical Systems, Inc. Securities Litigation ($18.25 million settlement); and
- Israel Sanchez v. Centene Corp. ($7.5 million settlement).
Since 2019, Lauren has also been a board member and board secretary of Mental Health Advocacy Services, a non-profit organization that provides free legal services to people with mental health disabilities in Los Angeles. She is also a member of Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles.
Prior to joining BLB&G, Lauren was a litigation associate at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP, where she represented domestic and international clients in complex civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution. She also gained considerable experience advising company boards following internal investigations of shareholder demands. In addition, Lauren’s practice included substantial pro bono civil rights class action litigation on behalf of immigration detainees with indicia of mental health disabilities.