"Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Will Horowitz Published in Reuters
August 9, 2022
In this Reuters article, "Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?", BLB&G Partner Jonathan D. Uslaner and Associate Will Horowitz discuss the recent Supreme Court opinion in West Virginia v. EPA and whether or not profound effects may follow for other regulatory agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and its disclosure rules around climate change. The authors further discuss the differences between the way that the EPA enacted its climate change rule versus the way that the SEC promulgates rules — the differences in the statutes could determine whether or not the West Virginia decision will have a profound effect on the SEC's disclosure rules on climate change.
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
- Publications "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner Published in Reuters May 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters January 26, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters November 29, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters October 26, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More