BLB&G Hosts the Third Women's Forum Virtual Event
April 6, 2021
On Tuesday, April 6 the BLB&G Women's Forum will hold its third Women's Forum Virtual Event, moderated by BLB&G’s Hannah Ross and featuring a distinguished panel of discussion leaders from across the industry.
This online networking group for female leaders in pension funds and other institutional investors around the world was created to connect our community in order to share ideas and provide solutions to overcoming the unique challenges presented by today's new normal. The upcoming event will explore best practices for organizations seeking to promote diversity and inclusion (D&I).
In recent years there has been an increase in high-profile allegations of racial and gender discrimination and harassment at well-known corporations and organizations. A number of these instances have led to securities fraud and corporate governance cases and reforms. Whether subject to lawsuits or not, these allegations of misconduct have often dominated the headlines. Since combatting discrimination and harassment is key to any organization’s D&I efforts, this event will be the first in a two-part series examining the best ways to address and prevent organizational misconduct.
We will hear from our panel of experts—including D&I consultants, defense attorneys, and plaintiff attorneys—who have firsthand experience advising clients on how to handle the negative consequences that arise when D&I is not valued in an organization; representing clients in litigation concerning allegations of discrimination and harassment; and implementing best practices to promote diversity and inclusion.
Topics of Discussion:
- Problems that arise when D&I is not prioritized within an organization, including litigation consequences;
- How organizations can tackle D&I challenges, including the role of the internal investigation in finding and combatting issues of discrimination and harassment;
- The impact that working from home has had on discriminatory and harassing misconduct;
- Best practices to promote D&I efforts within an organization; and
- The many benefits that D&I efforts can yield at the employee, managerial, and board level
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm EST
- The event will be held via Zoom.
- If you are interested in learning more or to register, please contact Amanda Rekemeier at email@example.com.