April 6, 2021
On Tuesday, April 6 the BLB&G Women's Forum will hold its third Women's Forum Virtual Event, moderated by BLB&G’s Hannah Ross and featuring a distinguished panel of discussion leaders from across the industry.
This online networking group for female leaders in pension funds and other institutional investors around the world was created to connect our community in order to share ideas and provide solutions to overcoming the unique challenges presented by today's new normal. The upcoming event will explore best practices for organizations seeking to promote diversity and inclusion (D&I).
In recent years there has been an increase in high-profile allegations of racial and gender discrimination and harassment at well-known corporations and organizations. A number of these instances have led to securities fraud and corporate governance cases and reforms. Whether subject to lawsuits or not, these allegations of misconduct have often dominated the headlines. Since combatting discrimination and harassment is key to any organization’s D&I efforts, this event will be the first in a two-part series examining the best ways to address and prevent organizational misconduct.
We will hear from our panel of experts—including D&I consultants, defense attorneys, and plaintiff attorneys—who have firsthand experience advising clients on how to handle the negative consequences that arise when D&I is not valued in an organization; representing clients in litigation concerning allegations of discrimination and harassment; and implementing best practices to promote diversity and inclusion.
Topics of Discussion:
- Problems that arise when D&I is not prioritized within an organization, including litigation consequences;
- How organizations can tackle D&I challenges, including the role of the internal investigation in finding and combatting issues of discrimination and harassment;
- The impact that working from home has had on discriminatory and harassing misconduct;
- Best practices to promote D&I efforts within an organization; and
- The many benefits that D&I efforts can yield at the employee, managerial, and board level
- Tuesday, April 6, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm EST
- The event will be held via Zoom.
- If you are interested in learning more or to register, please contact Amanda Rekemeier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Events Lauren Cruz Speaks at Women Lawyers Association Los Angeles 26th Litigators Forum: Race in the Courtroom March 2021 Learn More
- Events Lauren Ormsbee and Catherine van Kampen Speak at the NYCBA's Third Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen to Speak at ABA International Law Section Event January 25, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jonathan Uslaner Serves as a Panelist at the Third Annual Class Action Law Forum April 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen and Katie Sinderson to Speak at NYCBA’s 4th Annual Law Conference on the Status of Women March 2, 2023 Learn More
- Events Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group's Virtual Event "#MeToo in the Corporate World" January 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, & Stockholm on September 16, 2022 September 16, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross Named to Crain’s 2023 “Notable Women in Law” June 22, 2023 Learn More