BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen and Katie Sinderson to Speak at NYCBA’s 4th Annual Law Conference on the Status of Women
March 2, 2023
On March 8, 2023, BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson and Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen will speak at the New York City Bar Association’s 4th Annual Law Conference on the Status of Women. The panelists will engage in critical conversations, providing insights and expertise as to how the legal profession can push for a more equitable and less discriminatory environment for women and girls. Furthermore, the panelists will highlight their efforts, and the efforts of their respective organizations, to promote gender equality and empowerment thus far. Catherine, who serves as co-chair of the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee and member of the African Affairs Committee, has played a key role in organizing the annual event since its inception.
This year’s conference, commemorating International Women’s Day and the International Day of Women Judges, is dedicated to the work of Special Representative and Under Secretary Pramila Patten of the United Nations, whose remarkable global work is creating new legal avenues for survivors of violence on their pathways to justice. The event will be held in conjunction with the United Nations’ 67th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women.
Since attending law school, Catherine has been deeply committed to public and pro bono service to underserved communities. Through her volunteer work, Catherine has been a champion of social change and justice, particularly for immigrant and refugee women and children. As a member of the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee and African Affairs Committee, she spearheaded organizing the highly successful and widely-praised International Law Conference on the Status of Women, Pro Bono Engagement Fair, EPIQ Women Awards and Huntington Her Hero Awards, featuring the Under Secretary and Special Representative to the Secretary General of the United Nations for the Prevention of Violence Against Women, and other prominent, progressive women’s advocates from the New York Legal Community. In recognition of her work, Catherine was appointed Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee and a Member of the Council for International Affairs in September of 2021.
As a partner in the firm’s New York office, Katie’s practice focuses on advising and representing clients in securities fraud class actions, where she leads teams in recovering billions of dollars for investors. Katie also co-chairs the firm’s Women’s Forum, which offers opportunities for the firm’s clients to network and share ideas and knowledge with female leaders in pension funds and institutional investors around the world. Her success has earned her many accolades, including being named a “Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation, and making the publication’s “Under 40 Hot List” multiple times over. She has also been recognized as a “Litigation Trailblazer” by The National Law Journal, a "Titan of the Plaintiffs Bar" and a national “Rising Star” by Law360, a "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyer" by Lawdragon, a "Next Generation Partner" by Legal 500, a “Rising Star” by New York Law Journal, and a New York “Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters’ Super Lawyers.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
For more information and to register, click here.
- Events Lauren Ormsbee and Catherine van Kampen Speak at the NYCBA's Third Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events Catherine van Kampen Serves as Key Organizer for the Second Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 2021 Learn More
- Awards Katie Sinderson Honored As Law360 Titan of The Plaintiffs Bar May 2020 Learn More
- News BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the American Bar Association’s International Law Section Women’s Interest Network September 14, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Appointed Fellow at the American Bar Foundation August 25, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association's United Nations Committee September 22, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen to Speak at ABA International Law Section Event January 25, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Catherine van Kampen Receives Two Honorary Recognitions at Manhattan Borough President’s Human Rights Day for Her Pro Bono & Human Rights Work on Behalf of the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee December 10, 2021 Learn More