March 24, 2023
In early March, BLB&G attorneys attended the New York City Bar Association’s 4th Annual Law Conference on the Status of Women in recognition of women’s legal efforts around the world. Representing the firm were Senior Counsels Veronica Montenegro and Catherine van Kampen, Partners Rebecca Boon and Katie Sinderson, and Associates Brittney Balser, Jasmine Cooper-Little, and Andrea Dorado. In addition to commemorating International Women’s Day and the International Day of Women Judges, this year’s conference provided an opportunity for women in the legal field, including lawyers, judges, and non-profit leaders, to share insights and expertise as to how the legal profession can push for a more equitable and less discriminatory environment for women and girls.
BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen was one of the event’s moderators, guiding panelists as they engaged in critical conversations. Catherine also serves as co-chair of the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee and has played a key role in organizing the NYCBA’s annual event since its inception. BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson, who co-chairs the firm’s Women’s Forum, presented an award to Under Secretary Pramila Patten of the United Nations in honor of her remarkable global work in creating new legal avenues for survivors of violence on their pathways to justice.
Founded in 1870, the New York City Bar Association is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students, committed to equipping and mobilizing a diverse legal profession. The NYCBA seeks to assist lawyers in practicing with excellence, promoting reform of the law, and upholding the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest.
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- Events Lauren Ormsbee and Catherine van Kampen Speak at the NYCBA's Third Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen and Katie Sinderson to Speak at NYCBA’s 4th Annual Law Conference on the Status of Women March 2, 2023 Learn More
- Events Catherine van Kampen Serves as Key Organizer for the Second Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, & Stockholm on September 16, 2022 September 16, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2021 August 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist at The Conference Board’s Leadership Council on Advancing Women September 22, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the American Bar Association’s International Law Section Women’s Interest Network September 14, 2022 Learn More