BLB&G Hosts "Using Shareholder Litigation to Recover Losses and Improve Governance" Seminar in Stockholm
April 19, 2018
BLB&G hosted senior legal personnel from European institutional investors for a one-day educational seminar about shareholder litigation.
Using case studies and practical examples, the program provided greater insight into the uses of shareholder litigation for maximizing the recovery of losses due to securities fraud and misrepresentations in prospectuses, improving governance at portfolio companies, and holding misbehaving senior management and boards of directors accountable to their shareholders.
- The fundamentals of securities class actions, including in-depth discussions of the substantive and procedural laws, analysis of potential matters, the steps in litigation, and the nuts and bolts of mediation and settlement.
- New developments in the law, including the applicable deadlines following CalPERS v. ANZ.
- The fundamentals of direct “opt-out” actions.
- A panel with senior legal personnel from institutional investors discussing their experiences with securities litigation.
- The fundamentals of fiduciary duty litigation, including in-depth discussions of fiduciary duty law, derivative actions, governance in the age of shareholder activism, and M&A related litigation.
- Recent developments of shareholder litigation in Europe.
Participants obtained substantive knowledge to assist them in making critical decisions affecting their funds and an opportunity to expand their network of sophisticated peers at other funds.
Click here for the full agenda.
Click HERE to register online.
Anatoli Van der Krans
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP
+31(0)20 301 2231
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G to Host Institutional Shareholder Conference in Paris April 17, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, & Stockholm on September 16, 2022 September 16, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures a Historic $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action May 16, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner Published in Reuters May 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Shareholder Litigation: Best Practices for Pension Funds" by Jeroen van Kwawegen and Anatoli van der Krans published by Financial Investigator December 4, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More