April 17, 2023
On April 20, 2023, BLB&G is bringing its Institutional Shareholder Conference to the City of Light. This year’s event will focus on exploring the implications of ESG for institutional shareholders in a rapidly evolving landscape. The importance of ESG for institutional investors and the companies they invest in is not new, but its significance continues to grow as today’s environmental, social, and governance issues face unprecedented challenges. The exclusive one-day conference will feature numerous discussions with prominent legal minds, as well as a speech by keynote speaker Dr. Zeno Leoni of King’s College London and ITSS Verona.
Attendees, speakers, and hosts will engage in a variety of ESG topics related to investment decisions and implications in Europe and the United States, such as:
- Developments in Recent Banking Collapses
- Shareholder Litigation Used as a Tool to Protect and Promote Investor Interests in the U.S.
- The Evolving Role of Sustainability and ESG Considerations in Guiding Corporate Action
- Active Ownership: Engagement, Voting Rights, and ESG Litigation
- Greenwashing – Is This New Trend Misleading Investors?
- Developments in Non-U.S. Shareholder Litigation
- Sustainability and ESG Considerations’ Influence on Funds’ Actions
- Investors’ Options to Maximize the Financial Recovery
- Institutional Investor Roundup.
Led by Jeroen van Kwawegen, Anatoli van der Krans, and Hans Ek, BLB&G’s annual shareholder conference will bring together a community of representatives from leading institutional investors including investment companies, asset managers, mutual funds, trustee banks, sovereign wealth funds, public pension funds, corporate pension funds, and custodian banks. The conference will provide opportunities for attendees to learn, converse, and meet with peer leaders to discuss emerging issues in ESG and other developing topics that impact institutional investors and shareholder litigation.
April 20, 2023
8:30 AM - 6:00 PM CEST
InterContinental Hotel Paris – Le Grand | 2 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
Anatoli Van der Krans
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP
+31(0)20 301 2231
- Events BLB&G Hosts Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, & Stockholm on September 16, 2022 September 16, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Speaks on Shareholder Activism on Environmental and Social Issues at Conference hosted by The Advocates’ Society April 8, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G's Rebecca Boon Appointed to Board of The Feminist Institute May 11, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's Hannah Ross, John Rizio-Hamilton, Rebecca Boon, and Hans EK To Speak at "ESG Disclosure through the Lens of Litigation," hosted by The Global Risk Institute and McMillan LLP September 9, 2022 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Achieves Significant Trial Victory in Helping Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Shareholders Recoup $612 Million in Class Action Against U.S. Federal Housing Finance Agency August 15, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Mae Oberste to Serve as Panelist at DSBA Bench and Bar Conference 2023 June 8, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Can We Rely On Shareholders To Compel Corporations To Meaningfully Act On ESG Issues?" by Rebecca Boon and John Rizio-Hamilton published by Responsible Investor September 1, 2021 Learn More