February 17, 2017
For the third time, BLB&G was again presented with Benchmark Litigation’s “Plaintiff Firm of the Year" award at its annual U.S. Benchmark Litigation Annual Awards ceremony, which was held on February 16, 2017 at the Essex House Hotel in New York City. BLB&G was selected for this top honor from an elite group of six finalists and is the only firm ever to have been recognized with this honor since its inception.
Organized by the publishers of Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys – leading financial news magazines Institutional Investor and Euromoney – the awards ceremony recognizes the “top practitioners in the United States litigation community” and honors “individual attorneys, firms, and in-house counsel teams that played a significant role in the industry over the past year.”
In its best showing yet, BLB&G was the only plaintiff litigation firm among an elite group of large defense firms to be named a finalist for “New York State firm of the year” and for national “Securities Litigation firm of the year.” Additionally, BLB&G partner Mark Lebovitch was named a finalist for both “Plaintiff Attorney of the Year” and “Securities Attorney of the Year.”
A “Highly Recommended” Firm
For the last ten years in a row, Benchmark has recognized BLB&G as one of the leading litigation firms in the nation. It is the only plaintiff litigation firm in the nation ranked Tier 1 nationally for securities litigation, and one of the only plaintiff firms in the country to be given Benchmark’s top ranking of “highly recommended.” According to Benchmark, BLB&G is "unique in that it is one of the most successful contingency fee plaintiff firms, with many record-setting verdicts and settlements to its credit…peers on both sides of the aisle refer to the firm as ‘premier,’ and ‘preeminent.'" Benchmark also acknowledges clients’ praise for BLB&G’s "wealth of experience and sterling reputation."
The Benchmark Litigation guide identifies the leading U.S. trial attorneys and firms at the local and national levels. Focused exclusively on the U.S. litigation market, the publication's rankings and editorials are the results of an extensive research process that includes detailed interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists BLB&G For Plaintiff Firm of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists Mark Lebovitch for Plaintiff Litigator of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- Publications BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross Shares Career Insights as Part of The National Law Journal's Profile Series Honoring Plaintiffs Bar Leaders December 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2021 Guide October 7, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters October 26, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross Named to 2022 List of “Elite Women of the Plaintiffs Bar” by The National Law Journal May 11, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Identified as Most Respected Securities Plaintiffs' Law Firm by Inigo Insurance Survey Respondents March 2, 2022 Learn More