BLB&G Announces Formation of Beyond #MeToo: A Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk
January 28, 2020
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann is proud to announce the formation of Beyond #MeToo: A Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk.
This law and research working group is dedicated to understanding the root causes of workplace harassment, discrimination, and misconduct; tracking and constructively utilizing the insights gained through the #MeToo movement; and helping to create the optimal corporate compliance and management structures that prevent workplace misconduct and abuses of power.
Bringing together experts on governance, workplace misconduct, corporate compliance, litigation, diversity, investigative journalism, communications, and human behavior, Beyond #MeToo seeks to provide a neutral forum for candid discussion, practical discourse, and legal and professional scholarship in developing the next generation of policy prescriptions and best practices related to these complicated issues.
The group meets monthly and is hosting a series of three roundtable discussions on issues relating to workplace harassment and misconduct over the course of 2020, with the first discussion hosted by BLB&G, followed by discussions at New York University School of Law and BakerHostetler.
“I’ve seen first-hand how powerful the right corporate governance structure can be in dealing with workplace harassment. Boards can no longer afford to avoid taking ownership of the moral and legal culture at the corporation. This collaboration with peers from across industries has already been incredibly valuable, and I know that our work together will have an impact,” says founding member Rebecca Boon, Partner at BLB&G.
Founding members of the group are pictured below.
- Events Rebecca Boon and Alla Zayenchik Speak at the Beyond #MeToo Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk’s First Roundtable of 2020 March 3, 2020 Learn More
- Events BLB&G’s Rebecca Boon Participates in NYU Law Conference on the Corporate Compliance and Governance Impacts of #MeToo October 11, 2019 Learn More
- Events Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group's Virtual Event "#MeToo in the Corporate World" January 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Speaks on Shareholder Activism on Environmental and Social Issues at Conference hosted by The Advocates’ Society April 8, 2021 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Investor Attempts To Hold Cos. Accountable Are Working" by BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon published by Law360 May 18, 2021 Learn More
- News Trends in Corporate Governance Litigation: A Lawdragon Discussion with BLB&G October 19, 2020 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More