BLB&G Announces Formation of Beyond #MeToo: A Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk
January 28, 2020
Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann is proud to announce the formation of Beyond #MeToo: A Working Group on Corporate Governance, Compliance, and Risk.
This law and research working group is dedicated to understanding the root causes of workplace harassment, discrimination, and misconduct; tracking and constructively utilizing the insights gained through the #MeToo movement; and helping to create the optimal corporate compliance and management structures that prevent workplace misconduct and abuses of power.
Bringing together experts on governance, workplace misconduct, corporate compliance, litigation, diversity, investigative journalism, communications, and human behavior, Beyond #MeToo seeks to provide a neutral forum for candid discussion, practical discourse, and legal and professional scholarship in developing the next generation of policy prescriptions and best practices related to these complicated issues.
The group meets monthly and is hosting a series of three roundtable discussions on issues relating to workplace harassment and misconduct over the course of 2020, with the first discussion hosted by BLB&G, followed by discussions at New York University School of Law and BakerHostetler.
“I’ve seen first-hand how powerful the right corporate governance structure can be in dealing with workplace harassment. Boards can no longer afford to avoid taking ownership of the moral and legal culture at the corporation. This collaboration with peers from across industries has already been incredibly valuable, and I know that our work together will have an impact,” says founding member Rebecca Boon, Partner at BLB&G.
Founding members of the group are pictured below.
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Serve on Planning Committee for Beyond #MeToo Working Group Panel, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go” November 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group Event, "The Enduring Effects of #MeToo" April 19, 2022 Learn More
- Events Rebecca Boon Moderates Beyond #MeToo Working Group's Virtual Event "#MeToo in the Corporate World" January 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Speaks on Shareholder Activism on Environmental and Social Issues at Conference hosted by The Advocates’ Society April 8, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to Serve as Panelist at NautaDutilh’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary Event March 6, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Brittney Balser to Speak on GAPPT Trustee School Panel, “What Happened to This Bank? An Investor’s Perspective on Bank Failures, Contagion, and Fraud” September 12, 2023 Learn More
- News Trends in Corporate Governance Litigation: A Lawdragon Discussion with BLB&G October 19, 2020 Learn More
- News BLB&G's Rebecca Boon Appointed to Board of The Feminist Institute May 11, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Five Years After #MeToo Goes Mainstream" by Rebecca Boon and Brittney Balser Published by The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation August 23, 2022 Learn More