Living in an era where a global financial crisis triggered by poor risk management and fraud still tarnishes the reputations of many of the world’s largest banks and financial institutions, investors cannot rest easy. Public statements claiming “fundamental recommitments to our clients” and transparency notwithstanding, new waves of scandal continue to reinforce the public’s deep distrust of Wall Street and the global financial markets in recent years, such as the massive interbank conspiracies to rig global benchmarks and reap huge profits at the expense of investors and consumers.
Institutional investor oversight, shareholder litigation are essential to combat fraud and maintain transparency in our capital markets
The institutional investor community has the power to effect change in corporate practices and we are privileged to represent funds dedicated to prosecuting major securities fraud and corporate governance litigations which balance the scales. Our clients deserve significant credit for leading these litigations, and healthy markets will only be maintained with ongoing vigilance by institutional investors to reign in c-suite abuses and corporate misconduct.
On behalf of our institutional investor clients, BLB&G has obtained nearly $7 billion of recoveries from Wall Street banks and other major financial institutions in securities fraud related cases in recent years, including:
- Bank of America
- Merrill Lynch
- Goldman Sachs
- Bear Stearns
- Wells Fargo
- Washington Mutual
- Morgan Stanley
Visit our “Awards and Recognition” page to see the unparalleled coverage that BLB&G has received from the legal media and industry observers in recent years for our representation of investors.
- Events BLB&G Partner Adam Hollander Speaks at Baruch College "Wall Street and the Biden Administration" Panel Hosted by Robert Zicklin Center for Corporate Integrity March 16, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2021 August 5, 2021 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Four Partners and One Senior Counsel January 26, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2019 August 2019 Learn More
- Awards The National Law Journal Names John Rizio-Hamilton and Katie Sinderson 2020 Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazers May 2020 Learn More
- Awards Hannah Ross Named a "Titan of the Plaintiffs' Bar" by Law360 May 7, 2019 Learn More