Living in an era where a global financial crisis triggered by poor risk management and fraud still tarnishes the reputations of many of the world’s largest banks and financial institutions, investors cannot rest easy. Public statements claiming “fundamental recommitments to our clients” and transparency notwithstanding, new waves of scandal continue to reinforce the public’s deep distrust of Wall Street and the global financial markets in recent years, such as the massive interbank conspiracies to rig global benchmarks and reap huge profits at the expense of investors and consumers.
Institutional investor oversight, shareholder litigation are essential to combat fraud and maintain transparency in our capital markets
The institutional investor community has the power to effect change in corporate practices and we are privileged to represent funds dedicated to prosecuting major securities fraud and corporate governance litigations which balance the scales. Our clients deserve significant credit for leading these litigations, and healthy markets will only be maintained with ongoing vigilance by institutional investors to reign in c-suite abuses and corporate misconduct.
On behalf of our institutional investor clients, BLB&G has obtained nearly $7 billion of recoveries from Wall Street banks and other major financial institutions in securities fraud related cases in recent years, including:
- Bank of America
- Merrill Lynch
- Goldman Sachs
- Bear Stearns
- Wells Fargo
- Washington Mutual
- Morgan Stanley
Visit our “Awards and Recognition” page to see the unparalleled coverage that BLB&G has received from the legal media and industry observers in recent years for our representation of investors.
- Events BLB&G Partner Scott Foglietta to Speak on "Recovering Damages from Frauds in Non-Conventional Investments and the Current Banking Crisis" June 29, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Achieves Top Plaintiff Law Firm Rankings in Latest ISS SCAS "Top 50" Report March 2, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Four Partners and One Senior Counsel January 26, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Class-Action Settlements of All Time January 25, 2023 Learn More
- Events Partner Katie Sinderson Speaks at HFM US Emerging Managers Summit February 23, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Law360 Profiles Scott Foglietta as Part of Series Honoring 2022 Rising Star Award Winners June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards The National Law Journal Names Avi Josefson and Jim Harrod 2021 Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazers May 6, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Bernstein Litowitz Dominates ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time February 24, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time January 25, 2022 Learn More