BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Class-Action Settlements of All Time
For the Thirteenth Consecutive Year, ISS SCAS Report Shows BLB&G With More Top Securities Recoveries Than Any Other Firm
January 25, 2023
The Securities Class Action Services division of Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS SCAS) has published its annual Top 100 U.S. Class Action Settlements of All Time report, showing that Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP continues to lead the securities litigation space. For the thirteenth consecutive year, BLB&G was Lead or Co-Lead Counsel in more top recoveries than any other firm.
The report highlights a number of key metrics that illustrate BLB&G’s track record of success for institutional investor plaintiffs:
- BLB&G served as lead or co-lead counsel in 36 of the top 100 U.S. securities fraud settlements.
- Of the settlements included in ISS SCAS's Top 100 Settlements report, BLB&G has recovered more than $26 billion for shareholders – nearly $8 billion more than our nearest peer firm. We are proud to have recovered more than $37 billion overall.
- BLB&G has secured six settlements over $1 billion – more than any other firm
The ISS SCAS Top 100 U.S. Class Action Settlements of All Time is an annual report that identifies the largest securities class action settlements filed after the passage of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, ranked by the total value of the settlement fund.
We are honored to have earned the trust of so many institutional investors in the U.S. and beyond, and to have clients that share our commitment to holding wrongdoers accountable for corporate fraud. By doing so, those clients improve market transparency and achieve impactful results: recovering billions of dollars for investors while implementing meaningful corporate governance reforms. We are extremely proud to have achieved so many meaningful recoveries for injured investors, and know that our clients share in that pride and appreciate their critical role as Lead Plaintiffs in securities class actions.”
- Hannah Ross, Senior Partner & Executive Committee Member
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures a Historic $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action May 16, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Leads ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time January 25, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Bernstein Litowitz Dominates ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time February 24, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Receives Approval of a Landmark $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action September 8, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications BLB&G Attorneys Publish "Plaintiffs' Perspective" Chapter in LexisNexis’s Litigating Securities Class Actions Treatise September 30, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Achieves Top Plaintiff Law Firm Rankings in Latest ISS SCAS "Top 50" Report March 2, 2023 Learn More