BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen to Speak at NYSBA’s Securities Litigation Annual Review
December 9, 2022
On December 14, 2022, BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen will feature as panelists at the New York State Bar Association's Securities Litigation Annual Review. Discussing “Securities Litigation in New York’s Commercial Division” and “Ethical Issues in Securities Litigation,” respectively, John and Jesse join other legal professionals in exploring the field’s latest developments and moral quandaries.
Speaking on the event’s opening panel “Securities Litigation in New York’s Commercial Division,” John Rizio-Hamilton is set to discuss trends and developments in securities litigation in New York’s Commercial Division. Specifically, the panel will cover the Supreme Court’s 2018 decision of Cyan v. Beaver County Employees Retirement Fund, and its implications after confirming that state courts may exercise jurisdiction over claims brought under the 1933 Securities Act.
Jesse Jensen is scheduled to speak on the “Ethical Issues in Securities Litigation” panel. Along with fellow legal experts, Jesse will address potential dilemmas encountered by securities litigation practitioners over the life of a case, particularly regarding confidential witnesses (CWs). In an environment where federal securities fraud complaints frequently rely on anonymous statements of purported wrongdoing, both sides of the “v” must reckon with issues regarding witness identification and testimony reliability. This panel seeks to guide practitioners in navigating these ethical pitfalls and will discuss recent case law concerning CW allegations.
Since its founding in 1876, the New York State Bar Association continues to cultivate the science of jurisprudence, promote reform in the law, facilitate the administration of justice, and elevate the standards of integrity, honor, professional skill and courtesy in the legal profession. The NYSBA’s Securities Litigation Annual Review, led this year by co-chairs of the NYSBA Commercial and Federal Litigation Section Securities Litigation Committee, presents a day of networking and educational programming on the most groundbreaking developments in securities litigation.
For more information and to register, click here.
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Investigation Of Accounting Firms Is A Good First Step" by Jesse Jensen and John Rizio-Hamilton Published in Law360 April 7, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen Present Webinar on Auditor Regulation and Liability Under U.S. Securities Laws May 18, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen to Present PLI Webinar, Auditor Litigation Considerations September 29, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures a Historic $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action May 16, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Jesse Jensen Quoted in Law360 Article Covering SEC's Investigations of Accounting Firms July 8, 2022 Learn More
- News Lawdragon Profiles BLB&G Partner John Rizio-Hamilton in “Lawyer Limelight” Feature May 4, 2021 Learn More