Catherine van Kampen Receives Two Honorary Recognitions at Manhattan Borough President’s Human Rights Day for Her Pro Bono & Human Rights Work on Behalf of the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee
December 10, 2021
BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen received two honorary recognitions this week for her pro bono and human rights work in New York City, the first from the Honorable Gale A. Brewer, the Manhattan Borough President, and the second from the Arts4All Foundation, which selected Catherine as Human Rights Leader of the Year for her work at the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee. During the awards ceremony, Catherine met New York State Senator Cordell Cleare, and fellow honorees Jacqueline Murekatete, a Rwandan genocide survivor and New York-based attorney who is also a member of the New York City Bar Association and founder of the Genocide Survivors Foundation, and Bronx Regional High School Principal Colin Thomas.
Since attending law school, Catherine has been deeply committed to public and pro bono service to underserved communities. Through her volunteer work, she has been a champion of social change and justice, particularly for immigrant and refugee women and children. As a member of the New York City Bar Association’s United Nations Committee and African Affairs Committee, she spearheaded the highly successful and widely-praised International Law Conference on the Status of Women, Pro Bono Engagement Fair, EPIQ Women Awards, and Huntington Her Hero Awards, featuring the Under Secretary and Special Representative to the Secretary-General of the United Nations for the Prevention of Violence Against Women, and other prominent, progressive women’s advocates from the New York Legal Community.
- News BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association's United Nations Committee September 22, 2021 Learn More
- Events Lauren Ormsbee and Catherine van Kampen Speak at the International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 9, 2020 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Serves as Moderator at the National Association for Women Lawyers Panel, How to Turn Your Book Ideas into Published Works October 27, 2021 Learn More
- Events Catherine van Kampen Serves as Key Organizer for the Second Annual International Law Conference on the Status of Women March 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts the Forum for Institutional Investors: Protecting Shareholder Rights in New Orleans, LA April 10, 2019 Learn More
- Events Lauren McMillen Ormsbee Serves as Moderator at International Law Conference of the Status of Women March 9, 2020 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Receives Multiple Honors - Including “Top Plaintiff Firm” Award - At Benchmark’s Annual Awards Ceremony February 28, 2019 Learn More