May 20, 2021
Chambers and Partners has once again named BLB&G a top plaintiff securities litigation firm in the nation in its Chambers USA 2021 guide. For another year, BLB&G has been named “Band 1” for plaintiff securities litigation in the Nationwide, New York and California categories - the only firm in the nation with this distinction. Chambers has given the firm its top ranking for securities litigation every year since the publisher first created the category in order to recognize a select number of firms who do this high-profile work. This year, the firm was also ranked for the first time in the Delaware Chancery - Mainly Plaintiffs category, in recognition of the stellar reputation and growth the firm has achieved since opening its first office in Wilmington in 2019.
The Chambers profile describes BLB&G as “market-leading” and "offering notable representation of institutional investors in a variety of securities cases, including MBS and securities fraud cases." It notes the firm is "frequently seen in matters pertaining to breaches of fiduciary duty in M&A transactions on behalf of shareholder clients,” and “has a dominant track record in achieving high-value awards for clients,” further highlighting that the corporate governance group is "noted for its wealth of knowledge representing plaintiffs in fiduciary duty actions and has additional depth advising on corporate governance matters for investment groups."
The profile highlights several of the firm’s achievements over the time period considered for the rankings, including the firm's work in acting for institutional investors of Cobalt in a long-running class action against the energy company arising from alleged FCPA violations in the course of its operations in Angola, its derivative case against current and former McKesson executives alleging breach of fiduciary duty and compliance failures over the distribution of opioids, it's groundbreaking recovery of $240 in a settlement with Signet, and its recent success representing Luxor Capital in appraisal and breach of fiduciary claims in connection with a merger.
Individually, Chambers recognizes partner Max Berger as a “Star Individual” and named partners Salvatore Graziano, Mark Lebovitch, Gerald Silk and Greg Varallo among an elite group of notable practitioners in the field. Max is noted by Chambers as having “secured some of the largest recoveries ever achieved in securities fraud lawsuits,” with market sources describing him as "brilliant" and as a "master negotiator." Sal is described by quoted sources as a leader “who knows his stuff and litigates with conviction.” Mark is commended by quoted sources for his “very smart” approach to some of the most "significant litigation in Delaware.” Jerry is “recognized for his expertise in a range of cases on the plaintiff side,” with market sources quoted as saying he is "particularly excellent," and “smart, resourceful and very good at what he does.” Greg is described as "a respected litigator" and "clearly a giant of the corporate litigation Bar."
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm With Band 1 Rankings In All Categories April 23, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Identified as Most Respected Securities Plaintiffs' Law Firm by Inigo Insurance Survey Respondents March 2, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "The Importance of Private Securities Litigation as a Complement to 'Worn Out' Regulators" by Scott Foglietta and Brittney Balser published in the New York Law Journal September 27, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Named 2020 Top Securities Practice by Law360 November 30, 2020 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More