May 6, 2021
The National Law Journal recognized BLB&G Partners Avi Josefson and James Harrod on its fifth annual list of Legal Trailblazers, which spotlights an exclusive group of attorneys who are considered agents of change.
Avi Josefson was selected based on his work on some of the most complex and high-stakes securities class action cases, including cases prosecuted during the Great Recession against Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, and Lehman Brothers, as well as his current representation of institutional investors in a securities fraud class action against Allianz Global seeking to recover losses due to negligence. Despite reforms and changes of the law, Avi comments that no matter the future of the industry, fraud will continue and he is committed to continuing to police corporate misconduct.
Jim Harrod was selected for his recent success leading the prosecution team in the case against Equifax after the company experienced one of the largest U.S. data breaches, among other achievements. The $149 million dollar settlement is one of the largest securities settlements recovered related to a data breach. Jim believes that with billions of losses within the last year, institutional investors will need to ensure they understand their avenues to recovery when engaging in complex investment strategies.
To read the profiles of Avi and Jim, click here and see pages 37 and 39, respectively.
External Link: Click here to read the full article. (link will open in a new window)
- Awards The National Law Journal Names Salvatore Graziano and Hannah Ross 2019 Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazers May 2019 Learn More
- Awards The National Law Journal Names John Rizio-Hamilton and Katie Sinderson 2020 Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazers May 2020 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross Named One of 2020 “Elite Women of the Plaintiffs Bar” by The National Law Journal April 2020 Learn More
- Awards The National Law Journal Names John Browne a 2019 “Litigation Trailblazer” September 2019 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to The 2020 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List August 2020 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to The 2021 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List August 18, 2021 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross Named One of “Elite Women of the Plaintiffs Bar” by The National Law Journal November 19, 2019 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partners Rebecca Boon and Scott R. Foglietta named to 2021 Rising Stars of the Plaintiffs Bar list by The National Law Journal May 13, 2021 Learn More