March 19, 2021
BLB&G founding partner Max Berger and his wife Dale Berger have been awarded the "Above and Beyond" Award as part of the 2021 Commitment to Justice Awards by Her Justice for being steadfast advocates for women living in poverty in New York City. This award is given to organizations and individuals whose support of Her Justice's pro bono and fundraising efforts and have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Her Justice honors these individuals who time and time again show up to support the Her Justice mission. Max and Dale have partnered with Her Justice to pilot three programs for the organization that have had a lasting impact on how Her Justice serves its clients.
"Dale and Max Berger have supported Her Justice in every imaginable way - with Board service, as thought partners, with institutional and individual support, by donating Max's beautiful photographs to our Benefit auction, and most importantly, by believing in the vital importance of the Her Justice mission. I always look forward to speaking with the Bergers because I know I will receive a warm welcome, as well as a genuine concern and interest in the lives of the women with whom we work. The Bergers' integrity and compassion are unrivaled," said Amy Barasch, the executive director of Her Justice.
The 2021 Commitment to Justice Awards is a week-long recognition of pro bono partners, including Max and Dale, who have contributed to the organization's success. To see the organization’s tribute to Max and Dale, click here.
"It's been our privilege to support Her Justice since its early years. The organization has an immeasurable impact in championing the rights of vulnerable women (and their children) who have no other viable options available to them. The staff and volunteer lawyers work tirelessly to level the playing field for their clients to restore their dignity and safety. Her Justice is at the top of the ranking in our book. We couldn't be prouder to be associated with this organization," said Max and Dale.
In addition to Max and Dale’s personal support of the organization, BLB&G is a long-time sponsor of Her Justice, a non-profit organization in New York City dedicated to providing pro bono legal representation to indigent women, principally survivors of intimate partner violence, in connection with the many legal problems they face. The organization trains and supports the efforts of New York lawyers, typically associates at law firms or in-house counsel, who provide pro bono counsel to these women. Members of the firm volunteer their time and energies to help women who need divorces from abusive spouses, or representation on legal issues such as child support, custody and visitation. To read more about Her Justice and the remarkable services it provides, visit the organization's website at www.herjustice.org.
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Founding Partner Max Berger to the "2020 Hall of Fame List" March 12, 2020 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G’s Max Berger Selected to Benchmark’s “Hall of Fame” February 28, 2019 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Attorneys to "500 Leading Lawyers in America List" and Inducts Founding Partner Max Berger into its “Hall of Fame” March 12, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Alumnus Max Berger Awarded Honorary Degree At Baruch College 2019 Commencement June 3, 2019 Learn More
- Events BLB&G and Max and Dale Berger Honor Fellows and Celebrate 20 Years of Public Interest Fellowships at Columbia Law School September 20, 2018 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Receives Multiple Honors - Including “Top Plaintiff Firm” Award - At Benchmark’s Annual Awards Ceremony February 28, 2019 Learn More
- News Max Berger Receives Honorary Degree At Baruch College 2019 Commencement June 3, 2019 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Names Seven BLB&G Partners as Litigation Stars October 2018 Learn More