Leading industry observer Benchmark Litigation has once again named BLB&G one of the top litigation firms in the U.S. in several categories for the 2018 edition of its Benchmark Litigation Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys. BLB&G is the only plaintiff firm to be ranked a Tier 1 firm nationally in securities litigation, and is also listed as one of the “Top 10 Plaintiffs Firms” in the country for the second year in a row.
Regionally, Benchmark gave its top honor to BLB&G, naming it a “highly recommended” New York firm for the eleventh consecutive year. BLB&G remains the only New York plaintiff litigation firm and one of the only plaintiff firms in the country to be given this recognition. Benchmark also ranked BLB&G’s California office as one of the top litigation firms in that state.
In its review of the firm, Benchmark dubs BLB&G as “New York’s original ‘Wall Street assassins’,” providing that the firm is “nearly always the first to be name-checked by competitors and opponents when mentioning securities plaintiffs.” Benchmark also highlights a review by one of the firm’s peers, who describes BLB&G as “very smart, ethical and strategic...They are so good, and easy to work with.” According to another review by a client, “Bernstein Litowitz's service costs were below industry norms and very reasonable. The efficiency of the assigned attorneys was excellent, as was their responsiveness. The firm has a sterling reputation and is a perennial leader in the securities litigation industry.”
Individually, Benchmark has named BLB&G partners Max Berger, Salvatore Graziano, Mark Lebovitch, Gerald Silk, Hannah Ross, and Jonathan Uslaner as "Litigation Stars."
The guide is compiled by the publishers of leading financial news magazines Institutional Investor and Euromoney and identifies the leading U.S. trial attorneys and firms at the local and national levels. Focused exclusively on the U.S. litigation market, the publication's rankings and editorials are the result of extensive interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists BLB&G For Plaintiff Firm of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2021 Guide October 7, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2021 August 5, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association's United Nations Committee September 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists Mark Lebovitch for Plaintiff Litigator of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2022 August 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2020 August 2020 Learn More