SCAS Again Ranks Bernstein Litowitz Among Top Securities Litigation Firms in the Nation With Over $2 Billion Recovered and Highest Average Recovery
April 20, 2017
BLB&G has once again been ranked one of the top securities litigation firms in the United States.
According to data compiled by ISS's Securities Class Action Services ("SCAS"), BLB&G again was atop the "SCAS 50" rankings, with the largest average recovery amount among the top firms - nearly $145 million per case - and obtaining over $2 billion in recoveries in 2016 through 14 settlements.
SCAS has compiled the "SCAS 50," its annual report of the top firms prosecuting securities litigation in the U.S., for nearly 15 years. Every year since the list's inception, BLB&G has been at or near the top of the rankings - often with the highest total recoveries, the highest settlement average, or both. In the last decade alone, BLB&G has recovered over $14 billion on behalf of investors.
More Top Recoveries than Any Other Firm
SCAS also publishes the "SCAS 100" which lists the 100 largest securities class action recoveries on record. BLB&G has served as lead or co-lead counsel in over 30% of these cases - more than any other firm in the nation. The firm also has obtained six of the top twelve securities fraud recoveries in history - WorldCom ($6.19 billion), Cendant ($3.3 billion), Bank of America ($2.43 billion), Nortel ($1.07 billion), Merck ($1.06 billion) and McKesson ($1.05 billion) - more multi-billion dollar recoveries for investors than any other firm.
- Awards Bernstein Litowitz Dominates ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time February 24, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Bernstein Litowitz Dominates ISS SCAS List of Top 100 Securities Settlements of All Time February 2020 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Named 2020 Top Securities Practice by Law360 November 30, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm With Band 1 Rankings In All Categories April 23, 2020 Learn More
- Awards SCAS Again Ranks BLB&G A Leader in the Field April 2019 Learn More
- Awards ISS SCAS Releases Top Securities Settlements Report: Bernstein Litowitz Leads the Field for Ninth Consecutive Year February 11, 2019 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Tops List of ISS SCAS Top 50 Securities Fraud Settlements in 2019 March 11, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm May 20, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More