|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Jeroen van Kwawegen, Edward G. Timlin|
|Case Team:||Alla Zayenchik, David Carlet, Stavros Katsetos|
On July 5, 2017, BLB&G filed a verified class action complaint (the “Complaint”) in the Delaware Court of Chancery on behalf of JDS1, LLC (“Plaintiff”) and all other similarly situated stockholders of Straight Path Communications, Inc. (“Straight Path” or the “Company”).
BLB&G is pursing breach of fiduciary duty claims against Straight Path’s controlling stockholder (Howard Jonas), his son and Straight Path’s former CEO (Davidi Jonas), and a second Jonas-family company (IDT Corporation) in connection with their scheme to release hundreds-of-millions of dollars’-worth of indemnification they owed stockholders for a pittance.
On August 29, 2017, Co-Lead Plaintiffs JDS1, LLC and The Arbitrage Fund filed the operative verified consolidated amended class action. On June 25, 2018 the court denied defendants’ motions to dismiss. The Delaware Supreme Court affirmed the Chancery Court’s denial of the motion to dismiss on February 22, 2019. On February 17, 2022, the Court denied defendnats' motion for summary judgement. Trial is scheduled to begin in May 2022.
BLBG continues to vigorously prosecute this action.
- Events BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson Will Serve as Coordinator at the Federal Bar Council Webinar, Gerrymandering, Race and Inequality October 4, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Lauren Ormsbee Appointed Chair of the New York City Bar Association's Securities Litigation Committee October 3, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Associate Billy Freeland Appointed Co-Secretary of the New York City Bar Association's Securities Litigation Committee October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen to Present PLI Webinar, Auditor Litigation Considerations September 29, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's John Rizio-Hamilton and Nicole Santoro To Speak at the Federal Bar Council Panel, "Life of a Federal Law Clerk" September 27, 2022 Learn More