|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Jeroen van Kwawegen, Edward G. Timlin|
|Case Team:||Alla Zayenchik, David Carlet|
On July 5, 2017, BLB&G filed a verified class action complaint (the “Complaint”) in the Delaware Court of Chancery on behalf of JDS1, LLC (“Plaintiff”) and all other similarly situated stockholders of Straight Path Communications, Inc. (“Straight Path” or the “Company”).
BLB&G is pursing breach of fiduciary duty claims against Straight Path’s controlling stockholder (Howard Jonas), his son and Straight Path’s former CEO (Davidi Jonas), and a second Jonas-family company (IDT Corporation) in connection with their scheme to release hundreds-of-millions of dollars’-worth of indemnification they owed stockholders for a pittance.
On August 29, 2017, Co-Lead Plaintiffs JDS1, LLC and The Arbitrage Fund filed the operative verified consolidated amended class action. On June 25, 2018 the court denied defendants’ motions to dismiss . The Delaware Supreme Court affirmed the Chancery Court’s denial of the motion to dismiss on February 22, 2019. Trial is scheduled to begin on December 7, 2020.
BLBG continues to vigorously prosecute this action.
- Events Mark Lebovitch Serves as Panelist for Fordham Law School Symposium: "Here to Stay - Wrestling with the Future of the Quickly Maturing SPAC Market" October 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards The National Black Lawyers Association Selects Associate Matthew Traylor for Membership & "Top 40 Under 40" List October 18, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More