|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Jeroen van Kwawegen, Edward G. Timlin|
|Case Team:||Alla Zayenchik, David Carlet|
On July 5, 2017, BLB&G filed a verified class action complaint (the “Complaint”) in the Delaware Court of Chancery on behalf of JDS1, LLC (“Plaintiff”) and all other similarly situated stockholders of Straight Path Communications, Inc. (“Straight Path” or the “Company”).
BLB&G is pursing breach of fiduciary duty claims against Straight Path’s controlling stockholder (Howard Jonas), his son and Straight Path’s former CEO (Davidi Jonas), and a second Jonas-family company (IDT Corporation) in connection with their scheme to release hundreds-of-millions of dollars’-worth of indemnification they owed stockholders for a pittance.
On August 29, 2017, Co-Lead Plaintiffs JDS1, LLC and The Arbitrage Fund filed the operative verified consolidated amended class action. On June 25, 2018 the court denied defendants’ motions to dismiss . The Delaware Supreme Court affirmed the Chancery Court’s denial of the motion to dismiss on February 22, 2019. Trial is scheduled to begin on December 7, 2020.
BLBG continues to vigorously prosecute this action.
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More