|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Jeroen van Kwawegen, Edward G. Timlin|
|Case Team:||David Carlet, Stavros Katsetos|
On July 5, 2017, BLB&G filed a verified class action complaint (the “Complaint”) in the Delaware Court of Chancery on behalf of JDS1, LLC (“Plaintiff”) and all other similarly situated stockholders of Straight Path Communications, Inc. (“Straight Path” or the “Company”).
BLB&G is pursing breach of fiduciary duty claims against Straight Path’s controlling stockholder (Howard Jonas), his son and Straight Path’s former CEO (Davidi Jonas), and a second Jonas-family company (IDT Corporation) in connection with their scheme to release hundreds-of-millions of dollars’-worth of indemnification they owed stockholders for a pittance.
On August 29, 2017, Co-Lead Plaintiffs JDS1, LLC and The Arbitrage Fund filed the operative verified consolidated amended class action. On June 25, 2018 the court denied defendants’ motions to dismiss. The Delaware Supreme Court affirmed the Chancery Court’s denial of the motion to dismiss on February 22, 2019. On February 17, 2022, the Court denied defendnats' motion for summary judgement. Trial is scheduled to begin in May 2022.
BLBG continues to vigorously prosecute this action.
- Publications BLB&G’s Lauren Cruz and Emily Tu Published in ABA Spring 2023 Newsletter May 26, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2023 Edition of the “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” List May 26, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures a Historic $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action May 16, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Avi Josefson to Speak at MAPERS Spring Conference May 15, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak on NCPERS Annual Conference Panel May 11, 2023 Learn More