|Court:||New York Supreme Court, New York County|
|Case Leaders:||Salvatore J. Graziano, Adam H. Wierzbowski|
Shareholder derivative action filed on behalf of Louisiana Municipal Police Employees' Retirement System ("Louisiana") brought for the benefit of Monster Worldwide, Inc. ("Monster"), against certain officers and directors of the Company. This action arises from defendants' obtaining, approving, and/or acquiescing in the issuance of stock options to senior executives and directors that were unlawfully backdated to provide the recipients with windfall compensation at the direct expense of Monster between at least January 1997 and early 2006.
On September 15, 2006, the Court appointed Louisiana Co-Lead Plaintiff and BLB&G Co-Lead Counsel in the action. On December 1, 2006, Plaintiffs filed an Amended and Consolidated Verified Shareholder Derivative Complaint in this Action. On July 28, 2008, Justice Eileen Bransten of the Supreme Court of the State of New York preliminarily approved the partial settlement of the action, which resulted in monetary recovery by Monster valued at more than $32 million (in the form of cash and stock option repricings and cancellations) and Monster's adoption of significant corporate governance reforms. Pursuant to the Court's Order, Monster published Notice of the Settlement, and on October 2, 2008, Justice Bransten approved the proposed settlement during a final settlement hearing.
- Events BLB&G Associate Brittney Balser to Speak on GAPPT Trustee School Panel, “What Happened to This Bank? An Investor’s Perspective on Bank Failures, Contagion, and Fraud” September 12, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen to Moderate NJSBA CLE Webinar “What Lawyers Need to Know to Combat Antisemitism” September 8, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Receives Approval of a Landmark $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action September 8, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Recognized as 2023 Outstanding Volunteer by American Bar Association International Law Section August 25, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson Appointed Co-Chair of Federal Bar Council Securities Litigation Committee August 23, 2023 Learn More