Adam Wierzbowski has represented shareholders in some of the most significant investor litigations throughout the United States. His work has included successes at the trial and appellate levels in several high-profile class actions. These include the following recoveries on behalf of investors:
- Adam led the BLB&G trial team that recently achieved a $612 million jury verdict for investors in In re Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Senior Preferred Stock Purchase Agreement Class Action Litigations. The case arose out of the federal government’s decision in 2012 to sweep to the U.S. Treasury all of the net worth of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Adam was a senior member of the team that recovered over $1.06 billion on behalf of investors in In re Merck Vioxx Securities Litigation, which arose out of the Defendants’ alleged misrepresentations about the cardiovascular safety of Merck’s painkiller Vioxx. The case settled just months before trial and after a unanimous victory for investors at the U.S. Supreme Court.
- In the UnitedHealth Derivative Litigation, which involved executives’ illegal backdating of stock options, Adam helped recover in excess of $920 million from the individual Defendants.
- Adam was also a senior member of the team that achieved total settlements of $688 million on behalf of investors in In re Schering-Plough Corp./ENHANCE Securities Litigation and In re Merck & Co., Inc. Vytorin/Zetia Securities Litigation. The cases related to Schering and Merck’s alleged misrepresentations about anti-cholesterol drugs Vytorin and Zetia.
- In the securities class action against Wells Fargo & Co. related to its fake accounts scandal, Adam was a senior member of the team that obtained $480 million for investors.
- Adam also represented investors in the $300 million securities litigation settlement against General Motors stemming from GM’s delayed recall of vehicles with defective ignition switches.
Adam also helped to obtain significant recoveries on behalf of investors in Minneapolis Firefighters’ Relief Association v. Medtronic, Inc. et al. ($85 million recovery); In re Myriad Genetics, Inc. Securities Litigation ($77.5 million recovery pending final approval); and Key West Police & Fire Pension Fund v. Ryder System, Inc. ($45 million recovery pending preliminary approval).
He is also currently a member of the teams prosecuting In re EQT Corporation Securities Litigation; Allegheny County Employees' Retirement System, et al. v. Energy Transfer LP, et al.; and In re Celgene Corporation Securities Litigation.
Adam has been recognized by various publications for his accomplishments in the field. He has been named multiple times over to Benchmark Litigation’s “40 & Under Hot List,” as one of the “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” by Lawdragon, and to Thomson Reuter’s Super Lawyers New York Metro edition, including designations as a New York “Rising Star.” No more than 2.5% of the lawyers in New York are selected to receive the “Rising Star” honor each year.