|Court:||United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas|
|Case Leader:||Lauren A. Ormsbee|
|Case Team:||Yando Peralta, Jonathan G. D’Errico|
This securities class action was filed on behalf of all persons and entities that held McDermott International, Inc. (“McDermott”) common stock as of April 4, 2018, and had the right to vote on the Chicago Bridge & Iron Company N.V. (“CB&I”) merger (the “Merger”) pursuant to the Proxy Statement dated March 29, 2018, and were damaged thereby (the “Action”).
McDermott shares closed at $20.70 on May 10, 2018, the closing date of the Merger. On October 30, 2018, after the market closed, McDermott disclosed a $744 million change in the value of certain long-term contracts it had acquired as part of its acquisition of CB&I. As a result of this news, McDermott declined $5.14 per share or approximately 40%, to close at $7.73 per share on October 31, 2018. McDermott shareholders who were entitled to vote on the merger lost approximately two-third of the value of their shares as a consequence of the merger. The Action alleges that the Proxy Statement contained materially false and misleading statements concerning the Merger and seeks to recover damages for violations of Sections 14(a) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
On March 31, 2021, the Court denied Defendants’ motion to dismiss in its entirety, with its reasoning outlined in a memorandum opinion and order on April 13, 2021. The parties have proceeded to discovery.
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist at PLI Program, ESG 2022: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel May 20, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Leadership Development May 20, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Andrew Blumberg Interviewed for ABA's Litigation Section Podcast on Delaware Supreme Court's Recent Brookfield Decision May 19, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak at PAPERS Spring Forum May 18, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen Present Webinar on Auditor Regulation and Liability Under U.S. Securities Laws May 18, 2022 Learn More