May 2, 2022
Recently, BLB&G's Diversity Committee hosted a panel discussion in celebration of Women's History Month. The panel consisted of Whitney Hayes, Criminal Defense Attorney at Bronx Defenders, who represents low-income Bronx residents in the justice system; and Nora Carroll, co-founder of the Parole Preparation Project and Public Defender at Legal Aid Society, who defends accused parole violators at Rikers Island. Both speakers have dedicated their careers to supporting those in the justice system, and they shared their stories and provided the team with insights on the work that they do on a daily basis, and offered their thoughts on navigating issues of gender inequality in the legal industry and criminal justice system. Whitney is a past recipient of the BLB&G Public Interest Law Fellowship at Columbia Law School, which provides Fellows working in public interest law with 100% of the funding needed to make payments on their law school tuition loans.
More information on the Fellowship and BLB&G’s Diversity Committee is available here.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2021 August 5, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association's United Nations Committee September 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2022 August 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2020 August 2020 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam, Copenhagen, & Stockholm on September 16, 2022 September 16, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Third Women's Forum Virtual Event April 6, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Serves as Moderator at the National Association for Women Lawyers Panel, How to Turn Your Book Ideas into Published Works October 27, 2021 Learn More