Lawdragon Profiles Groundbreaking Workplace Protections Achieved by BLB&G in its Fox Derivative Litigation
In “Bernstein Litowitz: Helping Fox Guard the Workplace,” Lawdragon sheds light on the impact of BLB&G’s landmark shareholder derivative litigation against 21st Century Fox arising from shocking revelations of sexual harassment and workplace misconduct at its Fox News channel.
Last year, the Delaware Chancery Court approved an unprecedented settlement of the action in which BLB&G and its client the City of Monroe (MI) Employees’ Retirement System, a 21st Century Fox shareholder, alleged that the company’s board had failed in its duty to protect the company and its investors from the widespread workplace harassment and discrimination revealed at Fox News.
The settlement included two key components: the creation of the "Fox News Workplace Professionalism and Inclusion Council" ("WPIC") of experts, the first-ever independent board-level committee designed to monitor and address workplace misconduct at a major public company; and one of the largest financial recoveries - $90 million - ever obtained in a pure corporate board oversight dispute (recouped for the company from management).
Lawdragon sat down with Max Berger, Mark Lebovitch and Rebecca Boon of BLB&G’s Fox trial team for a detailed discussion of how the groundbreaking recovery came about, as well as the WPIC’s impact on the #metoo movement and the business community.
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to The 2021 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List August 18, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts the Forum for Institutional Investors: Protecting Shareholder Rights in New Orleans, LA April 10, 2019 Learn More
- Publications "Protecting Investors in a Time of Crisis: Access to Justice and COVID-19" by Mark Lebovitch, Jeroen van Kwawegen, and Greg Varallo published by Lawdragon April 10, 2020 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Two Partners and Four Senior Counsel January 24, 2020 Learn More
- News Lawdragon Profiles BLB&G Partner John Rizio-Hamilton in “Lawyer Limelight” Feature May 4, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Two BLB&G Partners Named to the Lawdragon 500 "Legends of 2020" List September 2020 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Attorneys to "500 Leading Lawyers in America List" and Inducts Founding Partner Max Berger into its “Hall of Fame” March 12, 2020 Learn More