“The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters
January 26, 2023
In this Reuters article, “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading,” BLB&G Partner Jon Uslaner and Associate Caitlin Bozman detail the history of Rule 10b5-1 and evaluate the SEC’s amendments to said rule as the agency attempts to more forcefully deter improper insider trading. Amendments to Rule 10b5-1 now include: a “cooling-off” period during which the insider cannot trade; a requirement for officers and directors to certify under oath that they were unaware of material non-public trading information at the time the trading plan was adopted or amended; restrictions on multiple, overlapping, and single-trade plans; strengthening Rule 10b5-1’s existing “good faith” requirement by only protecting insiders who act in good faith at all times with respect to their trading plan; and new disclosure requirements. These latest amendments, which the authors analyze in detail, are set to take effect on Feb. 27, 2023.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here to read the full article.
- Publications "Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Will Horowitz Published in Reuters August 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner Published in Reuters May 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters November 29, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters October 26, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Impacts of #MeToo on Litigation & DEI" by Rebecca Boon and Caitlin Bozman Published by Bloomberg Law July 14, 2022 Learn More