"Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner Published in Reuters
May 9, 2022
In this Reuters article, "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules," BLB&G Partner Jonathan Uslaner discuss the recent proposal by the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), that includes a new rule requiring public companies to include climate-related disclosures in their registration statements and periodic reports. The author describes the SEC proposal as "a long anticipated and historic move," as the transparency will arm shareholders with the information needed to hold companies accountable and govern their investments. The author also points out that it is the most comprehensive requirement that the SEC has ever imposed relating to climate disclosures as it goes beyond just disclosure, but mandates companies to develop new procedures and policies to govern corporate climate operations and targets.
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here to read the full article.
- Publications "Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Will Horowitz Published in Reuters August 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters January 26, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Is any lead plaintiff better than no lead plaintiff? Some courts say no" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Scott Foglietta Published in Reuters October 26, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "SEC Whistleblower Program Seeing Renewed Support Under Biden Administration" by Jonathan Uslaner and Lauren Cruz Published in Reuters November 29, 2021 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More