"SEC Investigation Of Accounting Firms Is A Good First Step" by Jesse Jensen and John Rizio-Hamilton Published in Law360
April 7, 2022
In this Law360 article, "SEC Investigation Of Accounting Firms Is A Good First Step," BLB&G Partners Jesse Jensen and John Rizio-Hamilton discuss how the SEC recently announced that it will be probing how the Big Four accounting firms manage conflicts of interest and how those conflicts impact their ability to conduct independent audits of public company financials.
Having seen first-hand the abuses that have resulted from a delegation of duties in connection with audits, the authors cover the reasons why this long-overdue initiative is so crucial to the market and should be a priority for the SEC given its duty to police the market and protect investors, sharing that "Under U.S. securities law, auditors are the first line of defense for investors against improper and fraudulent accounting."
Click the link below or access the PDF under "Related Documents" to read the full article.
- News BLB&G Partner Jesse Jensen Quoted in Law360 Article Covering SEC's Investigations of Accounting Firms July 8, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen to Speak at NYSBA’s Securities Litigation Annual Review December 9, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen to Present PLI Webinar, Auditor Litigation Considerations September 29, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen Present Webinar on Auditor Regulation and Liability Under U.S. Securities Laws May 18, 2022 Learn More
- News Lawdragon Profiles BLB&G Partner John Rizio-Hamilton in “Lawyer Limelight” Feature May 4, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner John Rizio-Hamilton to Speak at Federal Bar Council Event February 15, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner John Rizio-Hamilton to Serve as Panelist at Federal Bar Council Fall Retreat November 3, 2023 Learn More