"Gaming the System: Corporate Disclosures and Information Bundling" by Jonathan D. Uslaner published in Reuters
September 9, 2021
In this Reuters article, Jonathan Uslaner looks at an increasingly popular tactic used by corporate executives against defrauded shareholders: information bundling. Executives utilize this tactic by simultaneously releasing facts indicating that they violated the securities laws alongside unrelated disclosures in order to try to obscure the market’s reaction to the violation and hinder shareholders’ ability to recover. The authors discuss how corporate executives use this bundling disclosure tactic to harm defrauded shareholders, review the SEC’s recent criticism of the practice, and discuss effective tools investor-plaintiffs rely upon to combat it in the courtroom.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here to read the full article.
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Forewarned is forearmed: shareholders to benefit from new SEC climate disclosure rules" by Jonathan D. Uslaner Published in Reuters May 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Will the SEC's proposed climate risk disclosure rules survive Supreme Court scrutiny?" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Will Horowitz Published in Reuters August 9, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC's run at revamping Rule 10b5-1 to deter insider trading” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Caitlin Bozman Published in Reuters January 26, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Nasdaq's Board Diversity Rules: Inclusivity is Good Business" by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Thomas Sperber Published in Reuters February 15, 2022 Learn More
- Publications “The SEC is inching closer to clarity on cybersecurity requirements” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in Reuters April 20, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures a Historic $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action May 16, 2023 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More