BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen to Serve as Panelist at Columbia Law School Conference on M&A and Corporate Governance
December 1, 2023
On December 8, 2023, BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen will feature as a panelist at Columbia Law School’s Conference on M&A and Corporate Governance. Along with other experts in academia, the judiciary, and the legal and finance industries, Jeroen will explore the topic of “Is There MFW Creep? (And, if so, in Which Direction?).” The panelists will center their discussion around In re Match Group, a case with oral arguments soon to be heard by the Delaware Supreme Court. The case’s significance lies in whether the dual-level “MFW” cleansing devices for business judgment rule protection of conflicted transactions is required only for controller squeeze-outs, or whether MFW applies to all conflicted-controller decisions. Panelists will comment on the origins of the MFW rule, debate the possible evolution of “MFW Creep” and whether it has been in a pro-plaintiff or pro-defendant direction, and speculate on likely outcomes of the case.
In addition to his litigation responsibilities at BLB&G, Jeroen frequently speaks at bar association and industry events on shareholder litigation and corporate governance related topics. Most recently, Jeroen taught Professor Eric Talley’s “Advanced Corporate Law: Mergers and Acquisitions” class at Columbia Law School.
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen to Guest Lecture at Columbia Law School October 23, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen to Serve as Panelist at NYCBA Securities Litigation & Enforcement Institute 2024 February 1, 2024 Learn More
- News Jeroen van Kwawegen Elected to BLB&G’s Executive Committee January 31, 2024 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen and Senior Counsel Thomas James Teach “M&A Litigation” Class at Harvard Law School October 4, 2023 Learn More
- Events Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen Will Serve As Panelist At New York City Bar's 10th Annual Securities Litigation & Enforcement Institute February 9, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jim Harrod Will Serve as a Panelist at The George Washington University Law School's Second Annual Class Action Case Law and Practice Review Conference November 12, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures Significant Post-Trial Victory for Former Stockholders of Columbia Pipeline July 3, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partners Greg Varallo and Jeroen van Kwawegen Named ALM’s “Litigators of the Week” February 2, 2024 Learn More