Salvatore Graziano and Mark Lebovitch Discuss Shareholder Litigation at NYU Law’s Corporate Governance Bootcamp
January 23, 2019
BLB&G partners Salvatore Graziano and Mark Lebovitch served as featured speakers at the New York University School of Law’s Corporate Governance Bootcamp, held on campus on January 22 – January 24, 2019.
On January 23, Mr. Graziano and Mr. Lebovitch, two of the top securities litigators in the country, shared their experiences in discussing the importance of shareholder litigation in corporate governance, and its role in creating law, deterring wrongdoing and compensating investors for losses due to fraud. In addition, they outlined how cases are developed and the role of the institutional investor community in leading many securities fraud class actions, as well as reviewed several case studies in federal court and Delaware state court.
Mr. Graziano is widely recognized as one of the top securities litigators in the country. He has served as lead trial counsel in a wide variety of major securities fraud class actions, recovering billions of dollars on behalf of institutional investors and hedge fund clients. A managing partner of BLB&G, Mr. Graziano is regularly recognized for his accomplishments, and among other honors, has been named one of the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers" in the nation according to Benchmark Litigation, a leading litigator by Chambers USA, and a litigation star by Legal 500. Heralded multiple times as one of a handful of Securities and Class Action “MVPs” in the nation by Law360, he is also one of Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Lawyers in America, named as a leading mass tort and plaintiff class action litigator by Best Lawyers®, and as a New York Super Lawyer.
Mr. Lebovitch is primarily responsible for the firm's corporate governance litigation practice, focusing on derivative suits and transactional litigation. He has prosecuted numerous high-profile cases on behalf of institutional investors to preliminary injunctions and to trial, obtaining billions of dollars for investors and achieving unprecedented corporate governance improvements. Mr. Lebovitch has been named a “Plaintiffs’ Lawyers Trailblazer” by The National Law Journal, a 2016 national “Plaintiff Attorney of the Year” by Benchmark Litigation, and is regularly honored as a New York “Litigation Star” by Benchmark . He was also named an M&A Litigation “Lawyer of the Year” for New York City in 2016 by Best Lawyers, one of Lawdragon’s “500 Leading Lawyers in America,” a New York Super Lawyer, and is recognized by Chambers USA and Legal 500 as one of an elite group of notable practitioners in securities and M&A litigation.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here for more information.
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- News Press Coverage: Williams Companies Stockholder Litigation Trial Challenging Novel Anti-Shareholder Corporate Governance Provision January 13, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Mark Lebovitch Will Serve as a Panelist at CII-NYU Corporate Governance Bootcamp on The Role of Institutional Investors in Shareholder Litigation November 19, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Mark Lebovitch Quoted in IFLR Article Covering How Recent Rulings the Inevitable Conflict of Interest Between Shareholders and Sponsors February 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm with Band 1 Rankings in All Categories June 1, 2023 Learn More
- News Mark Lebovitch and Gregory V. Varallo Quoted in Law360 article, "Delaware's Appeal For Firms Outshines Virus Uncertainty" March 16, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Mark Lebovitch Named a 2022 Class Fellow of the American College of Governance Counsel October 6, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Mark Lebovitch to Speak at NYU Law's Institute for Corporate Governance & Finance Roundtable, "Poison Pills after Williams Cos." April 27, 2022 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2021 Learn More