For the sixth consecutive year, Benchmark Litigation has recognized BLB&G partner Hannah Ross as one of the nation’s top female litigators in its annual Top 250 Women in Litigation publication.
This annual ranking recognizes “the most distinguished women in the world of litigation” following an extensive six-month research process that included a thorough review of their professional achievements, client feedback, and individual peer interviews. According to Benchmark, Ms. Ross’ selection is indicative of her status “amongst the leading female litigators.” Benchmark goes on to note, “With experience as a first-chair trial lawyer and having recovered billions of dollars for investors throughout the course of her career, it is no surprise Ross is described by peers as a 'dynamic presence in the courtroom' and 'a fierce litigator.'”
Ms. Ross was a key partner on the trial team that prosecuted In re Bank of America Securities Litigation, which resulted in the landmark settlement of $2.43 billion shortly before trial, one of the largest recoveries ever obtained. Most recently, Ms. Ross was the lead partner in the securities class action arising from the failure of major mid-Atlantic bank Wilmington Trust, which settled for $210 million and is pending Court approval. She was also a senior member of the trial team that prosecuted the case against MF Global, which recovered $234.3 million on behalf of investors. Among numerous other high-profile matters, Ms. Ross also played a critical role in the securities litigations against: Nortel Networks, which recovered $1.07 billion for investors, also one of the top recoveries in history; Washington Mutual, which settled for $217 million and the largest recovery ever achieved in a securities class action in the Western District of Washington; and the Mills Corporation, which settled for $203 million, one of the largest recoveries ever achieved in a securities class action in Virginia and in the Fourth Circuit.
External Link (link will open in a new window):
Click here to view Ms. Ross's profile.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2021 August 5, 2021 Learn More
- Publications BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross Shares Career Insights as Part of The National Law Journal's Profile Series Honoring Plaintiffs Bar Leaders December 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2020 August 2020 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2022 August 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross Named to 2022 List of “Elite Women of the Plaintiffs Bar” by The National Law Journal May 11, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Appointment of Hannah Ross to Executive Committee February 17, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- News Law360 Interviews BLB&G Partners Hannah Ross and Sal Graziano for Profile on the Firm’s Selection as “Practice Group of the Year” November 30, 2020 Learn More
- Events Hannah Ross Serves as Panelist on Virtual GAPPT Panel September 21, 2020 Learn More