BLB&G Receives Multiple Honors - Including “Top Plaintiff Firm” Award - At Benchmark’s Annual Awards Ceremony
February 28, 2019
In a resounding show of recognition for its groundbreaking achievements in 2018, BLB&G was selected as a finalist in multiple categories and took home several awards at Benchmark Litigation’s annual US awards ceremony, held on February 28, 2019 at the Essex House in New York City. Organized by the publishers of Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys (leading financial news magazines Institutional Investor and Euromoney), the awards ceremony recognizes the “top practitioners in the United States litigation community” and honors “individual attorneys, firms, and in-house counsel teams that played a significant role in the industry over the past year.”
For the fifth time since the award’s inception six years ago, BLB&G was once again selected from a group of five distinguished finalists to receive Benchmark Litigation’s “Plaintiff Firm of the Year," a highly prestigious honor for the firm.
BLB&G also won recognition for its prosecution of City of Monroe Employees' Retirement System, derivatively on behalf of Twenty-First Century Fox, Inc. v. Rupert Murdoch, et al., which was chosen as a Benchmark “Impact Case of the Year” alongside several other very significant cases nationally.
In addition, BLB&G was the only plaintiff firm among an elite group of prestigious defense firms to be chosen as a finalist in the “Securities Firm of the Year” category.
Individually, BLB&G partner and founder Max Berger was inducted as a member of Benchmark’s “Hall of Fame,” one of only seven industry heavyweights nationally to ever receive this honor.
Also, the 2016 recipient of Benchmark’s “Plaintiff Lawyer of the Year” award, BLB&G partner Mark Lebovitch, was once again named a finalist in the category in recognition of his recent successes.
A “Highly Recommended” Firm
For the last twelve years in a row, Benchmark has recognized BLB&G as one of the leading litigation firms in the nation. It is the only plaintiff litigation firm in the nation ranked Tier 1 nationally for securities litigation, and one of the only plaintiff firms in the country to be given Benchmark’s top ranking of “highly recommended.” In its editorial, Benchmark praises BLB&G as "New York's original "Wall Street assassins," noting that it is “nearly always the first to be name-checked by competitors and opponents when discussing plaintiff shops conducting high-level securities work.” Benchmark also highlights clients’ praise for BLB&G as having “a sterling reputation and is a perennial leader in the securities litigation industry."
The Benchmark Litigation guide identifies the leading U.S. trial attorneys and firms at the local and national levels. Focused exclusively on the U.S. litigation market, the publication's rankings and editorials are the results of an extensive research process that includes detailed interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel.
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists BLB&G For Plaintiff Firm of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Once Again Shortlists BLB&G for Plaintiff Firm of the Year Award February 17, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Shortlisted for Plaintiff Firm of the Year by Benchmark Litigation February 12, 2024 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2024 Guide October 24, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Founding Partner Max Berger and Dale Berger Awarded 2021 Commitment to Justice Award by Her Justice March 19, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2022 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List July 11, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2023 Edition of the “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” List May 26, 2023 Learn More