Once again, leading industry observer Benchmark Litigation has named BLB&G one of the top litigation firms in the U.S. in its 2019 Benchmark Litigation Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys. BLB&G is the only plaintiff firm to be ranked a Tier 1 firm nationally in securities litigation, and is also listed as one of the “Top 10 Plaintiff Firms” in the country for the third consecutive year.
Regionally, Benchmark bestows BLB&G with its top honor for the twelfth year in a row, naming it a “highly recommended” New York firm. BLB&G remains the only New York plaintiff litigation firm and one of the only plaintiff firms in the country to be given this recognition. Benchmark also ranked BLB&G’s California office as one of the top litigation firms in that state.
In its review of the firm, Benchmark highlights the general consensus by peers and clients that “Bernstein is absolutely the top name in keeping corporate America on its toes…They take on an enormous amount of risk with their cases, and it’s really been interesting to watch a firm with such history continuing to grow, reinvigorating itself with creative young talent while continuing to benefit from the guidance of more senior people.”
The profile also features a review by a peer defense attorney, who has worked with BLB&G in the past, and who asserts, “Bernstein Litowitz might be the only plaintiff firm that brings cases that we don’t regularly roll our eyes about. Rather, we sit up and consider them carefully.” It also provides commentary from a client, who confirms, “Without question the firm provides quality legal research, advice, writing, and arguing before all levels of courts.”
Individually, Benchmark has named BLB&G partners Max Berger, Salvatore Graziano, Jim Harrod, Mark Lebovitch, Hannah Ross, Gerald Silk, and Jonathan Uslaner as litigation “stars.” Ms. Ross was named one of Benchmark’s “Top 250 Women in Litigation,” and partners Michael Blatchley, Katherine Sinderson and Adam Wierzbowski were selected as Benchmark U.S. “Rising Stars.”
The guide is compiled by the publishers of leading financial news magazines Institutional Investor and Euromoney and identifies the leading U.S. trial attorneys and firms at the local and national levels. Focused exclusively on the U.S. litigation market, the publication's rankings and editorials are the result of extensive interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2023 Guide October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2024 Guide October 24, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Shortlisted for Plaintiff Firm of the Year by Benchmark Litigation February 12, 2024 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Shortlists BLB&G For Plaintiff Firm of the Year Award February 8, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Once Again Shortlists BLB&G for Plaintiff Firm of the Year Award February 17, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- News BLB&G's Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York City Bar Association's United Nations Committee September 22, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators in 2021 August 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Hannah Ross One of Top U.S. Women Litigators for Tenth Consecutive Year August 8, 2023 Learn More