Chambers and Partners has named BLB&G the top plaintiff securities litigation firm in the nation in its 2018 USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business. BLB&G is the only firm named as “Band 1” for "Litigation: Securities Mainly Plaintiff” in its Nationwide, New York and California categories. Chambers has given the firm its top ranking every year since the publisher first created the category to recognize a select number of firms who do this high-profile work.
Chambers’ profiles present BLB&G as the “preeminent plaintiffs’ firm that provides public pension funds and institutional investors with first-class representation in high-value securities litigation…. They stand above everyone else. They are extremely effective, extremely smart and very intelligent,” while peers acknowledge the firm as “probably the strongest and sharpest of the securities plaintiff-side firms."
The profile highlights several of the firm’s recent achievements, including the $300 million settlement in General Motors, the $234.4 million settlement in MF Global., the $210 million settlement in Salix, and the $73 million settlement in Rayonier. It also discusses BLB&G’s class action brought against InterActiveCorp on behalf of California Public Employees' Retirement System, which successfully challenged a scheme by the company’s controlling stockholder Barry Diller to create a new, nonvoting class of stock for the alleged purpose of entrenching Diller as IAC’s controlling stockholder in perpetuity.
Individually, Chambers recognizes partner Max Berger as a “Star Individual” nationally and in the state of New York. Partners Salvatore Graziano, Gerald Silk, and Mark Lebovitch were also named among an elite group of notable practitioners in the field. Mr. Berger is described as “a renowned plaintiffs’ litigator,” and sources are cited as praising Mr. Berger as “one of the great plaintiff lawyers. He is very smart and he has very good business perspective."
Chambers also features sources describing Mr. Graziano as a “smart and shrewd lawyer;” Mr. Lebovitch as “very good in court. He is a very smart and hard-working lawyer who has delivered significant results;" and Mr. Silk as "very knowledgeable" and "business savvy."
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm With Band 1 Rankings In All Categories April 23, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm June 1, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Chambers Again Ranks BLB&G Top Securities Litigation Firm May 20, 2021 Learn More
- Publications “2022 Developments for Auditor Regulation Under the U.S. Securities Laws” by John Rizio-Hamilton, Jesse L. Jensen, and Jasmine Cooper-Little Published in The Review of Securities & Commodities Regulation January 27, 2023 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Identified as Most Respected Securities Plaintiffs' Law Firm by Inigo Insurance Survey Respondents March 2, 2022 Learn More
- Awards The Legal 500 Again Ranks BLB&G a National Tier 1 Firm for Securities Litigation and M&A Litigation June 9, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Named 2020 Top Securities Practice by Law360 November 30, 2020 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2021 Guide October 7, 2020 Learn More