|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leader:||Mark Lebovitch|
On October 2, 2009, the Retirement Board of Allegheny County (the "Retirement Board") filed a derivative action on behalf of United Therapeutics Corporation ("UTHR" or the "Company") related to inappropriate executive compensation. On October 26, 2009, the Retirement Board moved to consolidate its action with a pending derivative action filed by Jeffrey Benison IRA on behalf of UTHR.
On May 4, 2010, Police & Fire Retirement System of the City of Detroit ("PFRS"), represented by BLB&G, joined the pending consolidated derivative action and the Plaintiffs filed an amended complaint. The amended complaint challenged: (i) an ultra vires grant of stock options to UTHR's CEO, (ii) a share tracking awards plan ("STAP") that UTHR implemented without stockholder approval, and (iii) the unjustified repricing of stock options and STAP awards for members of the UTHR Board and senior management.
During briefing of Defendants' motion to dismiss and Plaintiffs' Motion for Partial Summary Judgment, the parties reached a preliminary settlement.
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More