|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leader:||Mark Lebovitch|
On October 2, 2009, the Retirement Board of Allegheny County (the "Retirement Board") filed a derivative action on behalf of United Therapeutics Corporation ("UTHR" or the "Company") related to inappropriate executive compensation. On October 26, 2009, the Retirement Board moved to consolidate its action with a pending derivative action filed by Jeffrey Benison IRA on behalf of UTHR.
On May 4, 2010, Police & Fire Retirement System of the City of Detroit ("PFRS"), represented by BLB&G, joined the pending consolidated derivative action and the Plaintiffs filed an amended complaint. The amended complaint challenged: (i) an ultra vires grant of stock options to UTHR's CEO, (ii) a share tracking awards plan ("STAP") that UTHR implemented without stockholder approval, and (iii) the unjustified repricing of stock options and STAP awards for members of the UTHR Board and senior management.
During briefing of Defendants' motion to dismiss and Plaintiffs' Motion for Partial Summary Judgment, the parties reached a preliminary settlement.
- Events BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson Will Serve as Coordinator at the Federal Bar Council Webinar, Gerrymandering, Race and Inequality October 4, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Partner Lauren Ormsbee Appointed Chair of the New York City Bar Association's Securities Litigation Committee October 3, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Associate Billy Freeland Appointed Co-Secretary of the New York City Bar Association's Securities Litigation Committee October 3, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen to Present PLI Webinar, Auditor Litigation Considerations September 29, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G's John Rizio-Hamilton and Nicole Santoro To Speak at the Federal Bar Council Panel, "Life of a Federal Law Clerk" September 27, 2022 Learn More