|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
On October 2, 2009, the Retirement Board of Allegheny County (the "Retirement Board") filed a derivative action on behalf of United Therapeutics Corporation ("UTHR" or the "Company") related to inappropriate executive compensation. On October 26, 2009, the Retirement Board moved to consolidate its action with a pending derivative action filed by Jeffrey Benison IRA on behalf of UTHR.
On May 4, 2010, Police & Fire Retirement System of the City of Detroit ("PFRS"), represented by BLB&G, joined the pending consolidated derivative action and the Plaintiffs filed an amended complaint. The amended complaint challenged: (i) an ultra vires grant of stock options to UTHR's CEO, (ii) a share tracking awards plan ("STAP") that UTHR implemented without stockholder approval, and (iii) the unjustified repricing of stock options and STAP awards for members of the UTHR Board and senior management.
During briefing of Defendants' motion to dismiss and Plaintiffs' Motion for Partial Summary Judgment, the parties reached a preliminary settlement.
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen to Serve as Panelist at Columbia Law School Conference on M&A and Corporate Governance December 1, 2023 Learn More
- Publications “SEC administrative enforcement process called into question, highlighting importance of private actions” by Jonathan D. Uslaner and Chloe Jasper Published in Reuters November 27, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Greg Varallo to Moderate American College of Governance Counsel Panel November 9, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon to Moderate Panel at ILEP November 2023 Symposium November 9, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Senior Counsel Thomas James to Teach “Mergers and Acquisitions” Class at Boston College Law School November 8, 2023 Learn More