|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leader:||Mark Lebovitch|
On October 2, 2009, the Retirement Board of Allegheny County (the "Retirement Board") filed a derivative action on behalf of United Therapeutics Corporation ("UTHR" or the "Company") related to inappropriate executive compensation. On October 26, 2009, the Retirement Board moved to consolidate its action with a pending derivative action filed by Jeffrey Benison IRA on behalf of UTHR.
On May 4, 2010, Police & Fire Retirement System of the City of Detroit ("PFRS"), represented by BLB&G, joined the pending consolidated derivative action and the Plaintiffs filed an amended complaint. The amended complaint challenged: (i) an ultra vires grant of stock options to UTHR's CEO, (ii) a share tracking awards plan ("STAP") that UTHR implemented without stockholder approval, and (iii) the unjustified repricing of stock options and STAP awards for members of the UTHR Board and senior management.
During briefing of Defendants' motion to dismiss and Plaintiffs' Motion for Partial Summary Judgment, the parties reached a preliminary settlement.
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon Serves as Panelist at PLI Program, ESG 2022: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel May 20, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Senior Counsel Catherine van Kampen Appointed Co-Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on Leadership Development May 20, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Associate Andrew Blumberg Interviewed for ABA's Litigation Section Podcast on Delaware Supreme Court's Recent Brookfield Decision May 19, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak at PAPERS Spring Forum May 18, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen Present Webinar on Auditor Regulation and Liability Under U.S. Securities Laws May 18, 2022 Learn More