|Court:||United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee|
|Class Period:||02/16/1999 - 03/10/2003|
|Case Leader:||John C. Browne|
Securities fraud class action brought on behalf of purchasers of King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ("King") common stock on the open market from February 16, 1999 through March 10, 2003 ("Class Period"), including all persons who acquired King common stock pursuant to, or traceable to King's public offering in November 2001 and any persons or entities who exchanged their shares of Jones Pharma, Inc. for shares of King in August 2000.
King is a pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures, markets and sells branded prescription pharmaceutical products. Plaintiffs allege that during the Class Period, King failed to properly reimburse Medicaid and other government pricing programs over $46.5 million. Plaintiffs also allege that King manufactured sales to a related party, the King Benevolent Fund, an entity controlled by King's management, late in the quarter to ensure that King met its sales and earnings targets for the quarter. King failed to disclose these transactions until after March 11, 2003 when it announced that the SEC was investigating the Company.
Court Grants Final Approval of $38.25 Million Settlement in King Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Securities Litigation
On January 9, 2007, a settlement fairness hearing was held, during which time the Court granted final approval of the settlement and plan of allocation and issued a Final Judgment and Order of Dismissal with Prejudice, ending this litigation and relinquishing all claims against Defendants.
In order to have been eligible to share in the benefits of the settlement, class members should have submitted a completed and signed Proof of Claim form postmarked no later than February 8, 2007.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen Speaks at Broadridge Webinar on "International Opt-In Cases: Evolving Mechanisms for Collective Redress" September 30, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Abe Alexander and Northeastern University Provost David Madigan Present Webinar on "Biostatistics for Lawyers" September 30, 2021 Learn More