|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Jeroen van Kwawegen|
On November 14, 2008, BLB&G filed a class action complaint in the Delaware Court of Chancery on behalf of Plaintiff Louisiana Municipal Police Employees’ Retirement System and other shareholders of Atmel Corporation (“Atmel”) against the Atmel board of directors (the “Board”) challenging the Board’s novel extension of the poison pill device.
On February 2, 2009, Plaintiff filed a Motion for Injunctive Relief seeking to invalidate the Board’s adoption of a draconian extension of the poison pill mechanism. On March 26, 2009, Plaintiff responded to Defendants' opposition of Plaintiff's Motion for Injunctive Relief. Following injunction proceedings on May 19, 2009, and on the eve of trial, the Defendants agreed to alter their poison pill to eliminate the offensive provisions, and agreed to refrain from similar conduct in the future.
- News BLB&G Associate Mae Oberste Appointed to Delaware State Bar Association's Executive Committee June 28, 2022 Learn More
- News BLB&G Associate Jonathan D'Errico Appointed Member of the American Bar Association's Center for Human Rights Advisory Council June 22, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Katie Sinderson to Speak at ISS Webinar, "The Importance of ESG Shareholder Class Actions" June 15, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak at NAPPA 2022 Legal Education Conference June 13, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Adam Hollander Serves as Guest Lecturer at The George Washington University Law School Discussing "Ethics: Integrity and Honesty" June 9, 2022 Learn More