|Court:||Delaware Court of Chancery|
|Case Leaders:||Mark Lebovitch, Jeroen van Kwawegen|
On November 14, 2008, BLB&G filed a class action complaint in the Delaware Court of Chancery on behalf of Plaintiff Louisiana Municipal Police Employees’ Retirement System and other shareholders of Atmel Corporation (“Atmel”) against the Atmel board of directors (the “Board”) challenging the Board’s novel extension of the poison pill device.
On February 2, 2009, Plaintiff filed a Motion for Injunctive Relief seeking to invalidate the Board’s adoption of a draconian extension of the poison pill mechanism. On March 26, 2009, Plaintiff responded to Defendants' opposition of Plaintiff's Motion for Injunctive Relief. Following injunction proceedings on May 19, 2009, and on the eve of trial, the Defendants agreed to alter their poison pill to eliminate the offensive provisions, and agreed to refrain from similar conduct in the future.
- Events BLB&G Partner Jerry Silk Serves as “Private Securities Litigation” Panelist at PLI’s 54th Annual Institute on Securities Regulation November 9, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Hosts Corporate Charter Amendments and Officer Accountability Webinar November 8, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Director of European Client Development Anatoli van der Krans to Speak on Panel at Natixis CIB Green Summit November 7, 2022 Learn More
- Awards BLB&G Recognized as a Top Tier Firm for National and Metropolitan Litigation Practices by U.S. News – Best Lawyers ® “Best Law Firms” 2023 November 4, 2022 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Rebecca Boon and Associate Brittney Balser Serve on Planning Committee for Beyond #MeToo Working Group Panel, “#MeToo and Athletics: Where We Have Been and Where We Must Go” November 3, 2022 Learn More