|Court:||New Jersey Superior Court, Somerset County|
|Case Leaders:||Lauren A. Ormsbee, Abe Alexander|
|Case Team:||Robert Kravetz, Will Horowitz|
The Complaint asserts claims against Amneal and its officers and directors under Sections 11 and 12(a)(2) of the Securities Act of 1933 arising from allegedly materially misleading statements and omissions in Amneal’s May 7, 2018 Registration Statement and Prospectus that concealed from investors widespread anti-competitive conduct at the heart of the Company’s business.
Specifically, the Complaint alleges that the Registration Statement and Prospectus contained materially false and misleading statements or omissions because it failed to disclose that: (i) Amneal LLC had colluded with several of its pharmaceutical industry peers to fix generic drug prices; (ii) that secret collusion improperly bolstered Amneal’s operations and financial results reported in the Registration Statement; (iii) the collusive conduct constituted a violation of federal antitrust laws; and (iv) as a result of that collusion, Amneal was the subject of governmental investigations into the Company’s illegal conduct.
The class for this case includes all persons or entities who acquired Amneal securities pursuant or traceable to the May 7, 2018 registration statement issued in connection with the Business Combination of Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC and Impax Laboratories, Inc.
On April 9, 2020, BLB&G was appointed interim Class Counsel by the court. On July 14, 2020, the Court denied Defendants’ motion in its entirety. The case is now proceeding into discovery.
- Events BLB&G Hosts Annual 2021 Institutional Shareholder Conference in Amsterdam September 9, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Forensic Linguistics and the Telephone Interview" by Jenna Goldin published by The New York City Fraud Examiner July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Names Six BLB&G Partners to Its “40 & Under Hot List” July 21, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner David Wales Speaks at the Practising Law Institute's webinar "ESG 2021: What It Means for Boards, Management, and Counsel" June 24, 2021 Learn More
- Publications "Important Considerations in Deciding Whether to Opt Out of Securities Class Actions" by Jonathan Uslaner published in Reuters June 23, 2021 Learn More