|Court:||New Jersey Superior Court, Somerset County|
|Case Leaders:||Lauren A. Ormsbee, Abe Alexander|
|Case Team:||Robert Kravetz, Will Horowitz|
The Complaint asserts claims against Amneal and its officers and directors under Sections 11 and 12(a)(2) of the Securities Act of 1933 arising from allegedly materially misleading statements and omissions in Amneal’s May 7, 2018 Registration Statement and Prospectus that concealed from investors widespread anti-competitive conduct at the heart of the Company’s business.
Specifically, the Complaint alleges that the Registration Statement and Prospectus contained materially false and misleading statements or omissions because it failed to disclose that: (i) Amneal LLC had colluded with several of its pharmaceutical industry peers to fix generic drug prices; (ii) that secret collusion improperly bolstered Amneal’s operations and financial results reported in the Registration Statement; (iii) the collusive conduct constituted a violation of federal antitrust laws; and (iv) as a result of that collusion, Amneal was the subject of governmental investigations into the Company’s illegal conduct.
The class for this case includes all persons or entities who acquired Amneal securities pursuant or traceable to the May 7, 2018 registration statement issued in connection with the Business Combination of Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC and Impax Laboratories, Inc.
On April 9, 2020, BLB&G was appointed interim Class Counsel by the court. On July 14, 2020, the Court denied Defendants’ motion in its entirety. The case is now proceeding into discovery.
- Awards Benchmark Litigation Again Names BLB&G One of the Top Firms in the Nation in 2022 Guide October 5, 2021 Learn More
- Events Katie Sinderson Serves as Panelist at OPFTEC 2021 on "The Role of Securities Litigation in Pension Funds" October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John C. Browne and Jeremy Robinson Present "Video Depositions: The Case for Their Continued Relevance in a Post-Quarantine World" Webinar October 1, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Jeroen van Kwawegen Speaks at Broadridge Webinar on "International Opt-In Cases: Evolving Mechanisms for Collective Redress" September 30, 2021 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Abe Alexander and Northeastern University Provost David Madigan Present Webinar on "Biostatistics for Lawyers" September 30, 2021 Learn More