|Court:||United States District Court for the Western District of Washington|
Consumer fraud class action filed on behalf of all persons nationwide who used the Alexa browsing software. The Complaint alleged that the Alexa browsing software goes beyond the mere tracking of usage paths that Alexa discloses to unlawfully intercept and access the personal confidential information of the user without his/her knowledge or consent in violation of federal law.
One of the first internet privacy litigation settlements. Under the settlement, Alexa, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, will, among other things, destroy personally identifiable information it may have obtained from class members and will ensure that it does not obtain such information in the future without consent from its users. Class members may individually be entitled to up to $40 if Alexa's database, in the past, contained personally identifiable information about them.
- Publications BLB&G’s Lauren Cruz and Emily Tu Published in ABA Spring 2023 Newsletter May 26, 2023 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2023 Edition of the “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” List May 26, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Secures a Historic $1 Billion Settlement for Shareholders in Wells Fargo Securities Class Action May 16, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Avi Josefson to Speak at MAPERS Spring Conference May 15, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partner Hannah Ross to Speak on NCPERS Annual Conference Panel May 11, 2023 Learn More