Master Limited Partnerships Crossroads and Conflicts - A Discussion about Past, Present and Future Legal and Financial Issues Facing Master
November 4, 2014
The usage of Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs) as a capital structure, particularly in the energy industry, has never been more popular. However, concerns about the model persist. Public investors who participate in MLPs as limited partners (LPs) frequently agree to partnership agreements that forfeit significant protections that could permit the general partner (GP) to take self-interested actions that would not be as easily done with a traditional public company structure. Recent developments and transactions have also raised some questions about the long-term economic viability of the MLP model.
This webcast featured a distinguished panel of experts that discussed the evolution of MLPs, how courts have been interpreting legal challenges to MLP transactions, and the future of MLP entities and related litigation. The panelists included:
- The Honorable John W. Noble, Vice Chancellor - Delaware Court of Chancery
- Julie Hilt Hannink, Vice President, Energy Sector Lead - CFRA Research
- Srinivas M. Raju, Director - Richards, Layton & Finger, P.A.
- Mark Lebovitch, Partner - Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP
Click here to view the recorded event.
- News BLB&G Secures Additional Shares for AMC Stockholders in Landmark Recapitalization Settlement April 3, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Allianz Structured Alpha Funds Team Announces New Case Filing October 16, 2020 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Partners John Rizio-Hamilton and Jesse Jensen Present Webinar on Auditor Regulation and Liability Under U.S. Securities Laws May 18, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2023 Edition of the “500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers” List May 26, 2023 Learn More
- News BLB&G Announces Elevation of Two Senior Counsel February 1, 2023 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Attorneys Rebecca Boon, Jon Uslaner, and Lauren Cruz Will Present to Berkeley Plaintiffs' Law Association on "Securities Litigation and Social Justice" March 11, 2022 Learn More
- Publications "Shareholder Litigation: Best Practices for Pension Funds" by Jeroen van Kwawegen and Anatoli van der Krans published by Financial Investigator December 4, 2020 Learn More
- Events BLB&G Attorneys Rebecca Boon, Michael Mathai, and Kate Aufses Will Present to Harvard Law School Students on "Fighting Workplace Sexual Harassment with BLB&G: Tracing the Harm from Jeffrey Epstein and Roger Ailes" March 17, 2022 Learn More
- Awards Lawdragon Names BLB&G Partners to the 2022 Edition of the "500 Leading Plaintiff Financial Lawyers" List July 11, 2022 Learn More